What's up 5 weekers? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's up  5 weekers? What's up 5 weekers?

Unread 05-02-2006, 04:27 PM
What's up 5 weekers?

Hello Ladies

I started a thread earlier today said Hello 5 weekers!! Is anyone out there?? Maybe we are all feeling better and are out and about, seems funny, I haven't seen anyone from our group posting for this week??? I hope everyone is ok??

KIMBER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2006, 04:40 PM
What's up 5 weekers?

Kimber,

I'm here.. I've had a set back. I started bleeding yesterday now back to nothing in my vagina again for 3 weeks.

But, other than that I'm doing well. Hopefully your doing good too.

Sharon
Unread 05-02-2006, 06:05 PM
What's up 5 weekers?

Think you're exactly right Kimber...think most of us (5-weekers) are all feeling better and are busy resuming normal activities with less time for the computer...know that's the case for me. I wanted to be sure and check the posts today because I figured there'd be a 5-weeker check-in.

So sorry to hear about your set-back Mrs. Doolittle...please take care of yourself! Guess my next milestone will be my 6-week check next Monday and if all goes well I should get my release to return to work on Tuesday.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2006, 07:48 PM
What's up 5 weekers?

I'm here lol, nothing to complain about. Sorry to hear about your set back Mrs. Dolittle, hope all gets better for you. I got my release to go back to work a few days early, I get to go back on Saturday. I'm eager to go in for my 6 weeks check-up which is on Tuesday. I think I am finally healing up quite well. i have had a few twinges, that I have asked about on here and my hormones are still going crazy and then there is this dryness issue, but otherwise I am healing up pretty good. My DH is finally letting me do more for myself, lol still no lifting the small laundry basket at all, or lifting the groceries but I am at least allowed to get in and out of the shower/bath by myself, which is a major relief, lol. I hope everyone else is getting better too. Only prob I am really having is the fatigue. I am still getting really tired from the smallest of things, which my dr said would take me a few months to rebuild my system from all the stress from before but I am good none-the-less. Take care and hope the best for everyone!
Unread 05-02-2006, 08:27 PM
What's up 5 weekers?

Hello all you 5 weekers...
I am feeling very good.No pain just a swelly belly to contend with. I have not had any hot flashes yet!!!Yippee!! I will be going for my 6 wk.
checkup next Tues. I will then be starting HRT. I am nervous about all that stuff to worry about. I guess I am frustrated because I haven't had any hot flashes, but my dr has told me that I am to young(39) not to take any HRT. It is such a confusing issue, does anyone else feel that way? I read all these threads and wonder what all these different
products and prescriptions are for dryness and estrogen. HELP!!I feel like I have enter a world I know nothing about!! Anyone else having this same fear?
Unread 05-02-2006, 08:51 PM
What's up 5 weekers?

My concerns at this point are Insomnia and mild night sweats. Also is it normal to still be spotting ? The color has changed this week from pale pink to grey/green. Haven't decided on HRT yet. How does one make that decision ? Hubby is taking me on a cruise in 2 weeks. I've earned it. I suppose I should get back to work after that. Any advice on swimming ?
Unread 05-02-2006, 11:35 PM
What's up 5 weekers?

mrsdolittle ~ sorry to hear about your setback...hopefully though you will be all better in 3 weeks.
I am anxiously awaiting my 6 week check-up next Thursday....May 11th. Get to see how everything is healing and hopefully get the all clear for everything. (Nervous about the sex thing....but also can't wait!)
Have been resuming normal activities as much as I can. Think I overdo it often and pay for it! You'd think I'd learn....just can't sit anymore! Get tired easily and still having some pain....mostly twinges in the abdomen and lots of lower back pain. Want to see if I can do more strengthening exercises for that to see if it helps.
Other than that.....things are good and I'm glad I chose to have to the surgery.
Onwards and upwards!
Unread 05-03-2006, 12:49 AM
What's up 5 weekers?

I guess I am going to vent too. I am 5 weeks today,I started spotting again saturday,I think it was from a 3 hour car trip(we stopped several times) but aparently it was still just too much,my belly is still sore and hurts sometimes. The spotting stopped today. I am not over doing anything and being caefuful with the things I do. I see the doc on thursday,I am afraid she is going to release me, I do not think I am ready for sex yet. I am not taking pain meds all the time although sometimes in the evening if it hurts I will take a vicodan. This had been the single most painful thing I have been through in my life (and I have been through some stuff too) I feel my doctor (although good in every other respect) has been very unfeeling and inconsiderate when it comes to pain control she has made me feel like a flippin junkie when it comes to getting any pain meds at, when she did finally give me some they were vicodan5/375 (which is fine now)they are a little better than equal to ibprophen which in my opinion is no where strong enough to relieve the pain for TAH/BSO. Well I guess I am done complaining. I am thankful for all of you sisters, this site and my caring family!
Unread 05-03-2006, 04:22 AM
What's up 5 weekers?

Hi Gals

Mrsdolittle - 3 more wks, sorry to hear that. Hope your bleeding has stopped.

Lilacbloom - I've read where the grayish color discharge is usually from the stitches dissolving.

I feel better this morning than I have for the past 2 weeks. (finally had a BM this a.m.) I've been constipated AGAIN and AGAIN. I finally threw away the colace and started back on my Flax Seed Oil again. My other little quirks are lower ab & back pains, and I'm blaming them on the constipation also.

My biggest complaint is DH. He has stopped helping do anything around here AND in the past 6wks that I've been home, he has yet to go out that door to do any job hunting. With my DS breaking his arm last week, I now have 2 hosp' bills, 2 anes' bills, 2 lab bills and 2 Dr bills. And why they sent a cell tissue to the lab from a broken arm, I have no idea???? This is all stressing me out!!!!

Other than that, I feel my healing process is going good. My 7th wk appt w/Dr is the 15th and he will more than likely send me back to work. I guess I am ready for that.

Good to hear from the rest of you.
Unread 05-03-2006, 03:12 PM
What's up 5 weekers?

I'm 5 weeks today. My activity level is getting back to normal. I did hurt myself on Saturday by lifting something too heavy too high and I pulled something on my left lower side (between the belly button and pubic bone). On Saturday I also tried intercourse and it was very, very irritating and unpleasant. Went to the Dr. on Tuesday - she thinks the pain on the left side is muscular and she diagnosed a bacterial infection (I've also had a yellowish discharge). So, I'm on ERY-TAB 250 three times a day for a week and back on constant Advil. Additionally I'm being careful with bending, lifting, and sweeping until the pain clears up. I confess, I'm a little worried that the "bacterial infection" may be more than it seems and related to the pain, but it would be antibiotics in either case so I'm trying not to think about it.

I still think I was completely stupid not to take more time off work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register