When did you get to DRIVE????? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When did you get to DRIVE????? When did you get to DRIVE?????

Unread 07-31-2007, 08:01 PM
When did you get to DRIVE?????

Dr. told me no driving for three weeks. As you can see I had a TVH, no repairs or anything else done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 08:33 PM

I had TVH for CIN3/CIS and had to wait two weeks. Just goes to show all the docs have different opinions on it. This is my second week driving. I still don't go long distances. I just used a pillow last week. I still get crampy/gassy pains sometimes, so I don't go far or drive for too long. I get very stiff if I sit in the car/drive for too long, too...........I'm talking like 20 min to a half hour. If I drive longer it's hard to walk out the kinks. I feel very old. And once you start driving the whole world thinks you are 'back to normal' again, which is VERY far from the truth!
Unread 07-31-2007, 08:41 PM

wow.. my first post here. *wave*

My doctor told me I could drive as soon as I was done with the pain meds. ok, that was the day I got home from the hospital! I did drive on Sunday,, really bad idea. Monday was NOT fun, so that was way too soon. (surgery was 7/25) so yeah, I'd go with 2 weeks to wait to drive. It was not fun! I had a TVH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 10:09 PM

I just started driving my car late last week & I'm 4 weeks out today. Tried to drive our F350 Truck about a weeks prior, huge mistake. It's way too heavy fro me to stop even still. I'm 5'9" so it has nothing to do with being too short or small.
Unread 08-01-2007, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morti
I just started driving my car late last week & I'm 4 weeks out today. Tried to drive our F350 Truck about a weeks prior, huge mistake. It's way too heavy fro me to stop even still. I'm 5'9" so it has nothing to do with being too short or small.
I'm with you ............... even if my Dr. had released me I still would not have driven until now(4wks.), by the way she still hasn't released me to drive yet. I have an appointment today so I'm assuming after that I'll be allowed
My poor DD has had to be my driver all this time..........I should say poor me, teenager driving is kinda scary, she does good but I prefer to drive myself........
Unread 08-01-2007, 05:48 AM

UofM fan: good luck w/your appt. today. I hope you get all nice news and continue on w/your recovery.

Smigaslett5: wave back at you. Welcome to hystersisters. This is a very awesome website!

Have a good first of August everyone and don't you all go driving too much! E.

TVH/CIN3/CIS
Unread 08-01-2007, 06:52 AM

I didn't drive for 4 weeks and then only for short distances the first few times. It took me about 8 weeks before I drove an hour's drive.

Mainly because it hurt to sit and I was afraid of having to brake hard.

It sure felt weird the first time but nice to be independent again.
Unread 08-01-2007, 07:24 AM

My Dr said two weeks, so that was the day I headed out. I kept a small pillow between the seatbelt and me. I found it much different than getting in as a passenger because of having to slide in behind the wheel. I still do not drive a lot as it is exhausting and I tend to overdo it on driving days.
Donna
Unread 08-01-2007, 08:01 AM

My doctor released me to drive at 9 days post-op (as long as I wasn't taking pain meds). I only went short distances for a couple of weeks tho.
Unread 08-01-2007, 08:05 AM

Doc told me 1 week, nurse in hospital told me 2 weeks, nurse in doc office said 10-14 days.

I drove on day 9 and again on day 10..had pillow on belly and no problems.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register