Night Sweats -Perimenopause or early menopause | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Night Sweats -Perimenopause or early menopause Night Sweats -Perimenopause or early menopause

Unread 12-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Night Sweats -Perimenopause or early menopause

Okay, these night sweats are driving me crazy! I have one ovary left. Is it perimenopause? I had them before my LAVH. It happens around the time I ovulate.

And I wonder if having the hysto will speed up the onset of menopause. Anyone else having hot flashes or night sweats and still have at least one ovary?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Re: Night Sweats -Perimenopause or early menopause

I too am having night sweats and some insomnia and it seems to be around the time either that I am ovulating or should have my period. But they do go away after a couple of days. This is all so confusing with out Aunt Flo it is hard to keep track of ovulation and all.

I get really crabby and wonder is this PMS? I think it might take a few months of symptoms to get it figured out.
BTW I have both my ovaries.
Unread 12-02-2009, 11:10 AM

I had an LAVH/LSO in early October, and my remaining ovary is just now starting to "wake up". I have been dealing with horrible night sweats for the past several weeks - I'm talking waking up in the middle of the night with sweat rolling down my back and my hair damp. My doctor assured me that was normal, and that once my ovary woke back up, they should cease. Sure enough, just this past week, I've noticed a huge improvement - I haven't had any night sweats for 5 days now and it's wonderful!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one of four View Post
I too am having night sweats and some insomnia and it seems to be around the time either that I am ovulating or should have my period. But they do go away after a couple of days. This is all so confusing with out Aunt Flo it is hard to keep track of ovulation and all.

I get really crabby and wonder is this PMS? I think it might take a few months of symptoms to get it figured out.
BTW I have both my ovaries.
I have the night sweats also. Because we have our ovaries we will still have the PMS symptoms. They are hormonal.
Unread 12-10-2009, 04:17 PM

I was getting nervous. I had a supracervical on 11/13/2009 and for the last 3 nights I have been sweating like crazy. Pajama top is wet, nape of my hair is damp. I come from under the covers throughout the night.

I went thru this before surgery, but now it seems like it is worse. I was able to keep one of my ovaries. It was making me nervous. I will definitely be speaking to my doctor about it on my 6 week check up on 12/21/2009.
Unread 12-10-2009, 05:03 PM

I kept both ovaries and have night sweats too. 2 months post op now. I wake up with my t-shirt drenched in sweat. My poor husband and daughter--I have the house in the low 60s these days and they're always freezing but I'm buying them some extra warm sweatsuits for Christmas...
Unread 12-10-2009, 05:05 PM

Plus, if the hot flashes and night sweats get even worse with menopause in a few years, I'll have to move to Iceland or Alaska for a decade or so. We live in Sacramento and the summers here are brutal.
Unread 12-10-2009, 05:22 PM

So we are having the night sweats due to our ovaries being "asleep"? How long do they normally take to "wake up" lol? and do you know why they go "asleep"?
Unread 12-11-2009, 07:05 AM

My doctor told me that it's fairly common for the ovaries to go to sleep after a hysterectomy just from the shock of the surgery. She said that it could take anywhere from a few weeks to several months for them to wake up and start functioning again. It took mine about 7 weeks to start working - I am definitely enjoying not having night sweats anymore!
Unread 12-11-2009, 10:55 AM

I kept my ovaries too, but the shut down for about 3 months. The night sweats weren't as bad to me as the hot flashes during the day! Thank god the ovaries kicked back in and I'm not having the hot flashes anymore. Although the glimpse into menopause in 5-10 years scared me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register