Don't Forget The Candy!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Don't Forget The Candy!!! Don't Forget The Candy!!!

Unread 01-24-2002, 08:19 AM
Don't Forget The Candy!!!

Hi sisters,

Just the voice of experience who got this tip from one of our other sisters - I took enough candy to the hospital to hand out on each shift. I don't know if it made a difference but I had tons of attention & great response times. In these days of staff shortages at hospitals I think everyone was just happy to know that someone thought of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2002, 08:30 AM
Bribes

Just went out last night and bought a big ole Whitmans Sampler, it's staying in the car so we dont forget to take it (and to keep me and the dog out of it). I'm also thinking of having a glass with a "bouquet" of Tootsie Pops by my bed and a note to the nurses & ancillary staff to help themselves.
Unread 01-24-2002, 12:14 PM
everyone was dieting

Don't be disappointed when you come home with most of your candy. I brought several kinds (chocolates, Andes Candies, and Tootsie Roll Pops) and came home with 95% of it. I think dh ate the other 5%. Being so close after Christmas everyone was on a diet. "oh, thank you but I'm on a diet". It seems that the drug and other reps bring in all sorts of goodies to the nursing staff at Christmas. Just a thought, tho. What could be wrong with saving it for yourself afterwards? Just don't let dh find it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2002, 12:20 PM
Good idea....

That is so sweet of you two!! As a nurse, yes it does make a difference when patients bring goodies to us. We feel appreciated for things that sometimes go un-noticed. I am an OB/GYN/Nursery nurse, so for my co-workers, I ordered pizzas for both shifts (lunch & supper). They LOVED it!!!
Moongirl, I especially love the tootsie pop boquet!!! COOL!!!

Shay

(P.S. I posted in another message with the same topic--chips & dip, or fingers, or veggie trays, anything like that are always GOBBLED-UP by nurses. Another thing, get a tub of ice cream and the sundae fixings. I know this can get a little expensive if not careful. Just thought you might like to know.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register