Scheduled TAH One week to go :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week to go :( One week to go :(

Unread 08-15-2010, 10:31 PM
One week to go :(

So, we're down to one week to go. All of this after a month from hell. I got so down and so miserable that I ended up in the hospital diagnosed w/major depression. I'm trying so hard to not feel guilty....I didn't do anything to make my endo and adhesions so aggressive. My docs and I have done everything possible to save my fertility. But, God has different plans.

Any advice on how to survive the week before surgery? This is my 7th surgery in 5 years, so I know what to expect. I'm just feeling sad, anxious, scared, nervous, and almost a manic state...like, if I keep busy doing a whole bunch of stuff, the surgery doesn't exist and everything will be just fine. <sigh>

I hate this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Re: One week to go :(

I am sorry you are feeling so bad. Keeping busy is a good idea! I cleaned out cupboards and closets, changed all the bedding etc. From your post I get that you are upset about loosing your fertility, have you talked to anyone to help you through this? You are right, none of this is your fault, us ladies sure don't ask for all the problems we get to deal with. I hope you can find a way to get through this. I am not 100% sure, but there is likely a spot on this board somewhere where you can talk to others who are dealing with the same emotions you are going through. That might help you out a bit!
Best of luck to you, will keep you in my thoughts a prayers!
((((((hugs))))))))
Unread 08-16-2010, 01:29 PM

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, I am on all kinds of meds and have been seeing a counselor for years (consistently since before my 12 hr surgery in 2008....oh yes, 12 hours. Thats what a mess I was!). To make this all SO much easier, I woke up in a lot of pain this morning. I'm just waiting to pass out from the percocet I had to take. As if this wasn't hard enough - this pain is just one more slap in the face.

The silver lining in our story is that we were blessed with a daughter through the gift of adoption last September. She is turning one on Friday! So I am kinda going totally manic this week b/c of trying to plan the party, AND get ready for surgery. Arg... toooooooooo much for me!

Again, thank you for your reply. ((hugs))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2010, 08:38 PM

happy to hear you are receiving support and medication to help you through the pain & depression.

Count your blessings-you have a surgery date & a brilliant future-one I hope will be pain & surgery free!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register