Secondary infection :::sigh::: | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Secondary infection :::sigh::: Secondary infection :::sigh:::

Unread 09-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Secondary infection :::sigh:::

Some days you just can't win. Apparently, I've managed to go and get a secondary infection, low fevers and lots of pain in my tummy. I have to go in to the DR on Wednesday and in the meantime it's antibiotic city for me.
Anyone ever taken Keflex before? I've never had this one and wonder how strong it is. I react notoriously badly to most antibiotics, they make me wanna puke. Yay. More happiness.
Now I'm just sitting here trying to decide if I really want to tick off my boss and tell her I can't work tonight. I know I should but I hate arguing with her, especially when she has this whole "poor, pity me" thing going because I'm ruining her weekend off. Poor baby.

grrrrrrrrr. sorry, just had to vent.
-Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2005, 11:51 AM

Hello Karen. I have taken Keflex before. I am the same as you and meds upset my belly to. But Keflex didn't. The only thing that I found was that it smelled really bad. Everytime I took one I had to plug my nose because it smelled so bad. I hope that that helps.

Jacqueline
Unread 09-16-2005, 01:29 PM

i have had that before, its a heavy duty one. try taking it after you eat, they make me sick if i take them on an empty stomach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2005, 03:12 PM

Hi, I'm 10 days post-op and struggling with an infection too. Keflex didn't bother me but also didn't work. Doc put me on 2 antibiotics today.

We'll get over this too!

Sky
Unread 09-16-2005, 03:21 PM

i took keflex after breast reconstruction...that has huge risk for infection and I did great. It did not give me a yeast infection either which most other antibiotics do. Good luck!
Unread 09-16-2005, 10:41 PM

Hiya.
Well, so far so good. It hasn't made me nautious, just really dizzy when I stand up.
Kinda worried now, though. When I called the DR earlier and they gave me the prescription, the pain was just fairly generalized, no specific area, now it's specific, right where my one lone last ovary is. It's getting hard to stand up straight and walk. I go in to see the doc on wednesday though, they're worried enough to bring me in a week early.

I did have to go in to work tonight, couldn't get out of it without getting fired, wish I had. By the time I left I could barely walk for the pain in my side and I have to go in tomorrow too! My boss actually got mad at me for not being healed yet. This does NOT help with the mood swings. I had to go sob in the bathroom for a little while at work. Kept telling myself to get a grip. I don't cry at work, that's just silly. I just got so upset. I've been there for two years and I would have thought my coworkers would be a little more understanding. Boy, was I wrong. Boss said I HAVE to be there tomorrow and I absolutely CAN'T leave early no matter what.
Okay, I'm done ranting for now. = ) Thanks for letting me blabber on.
-Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register