First Time here...Scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First Time here...Scared First Time here...Scared

Unread 08-14-2002, 10:53 AM
First Time here...Scared

Hello

I am 31 years old. I am going for a hysterectomy on August 29th. I am very nervous. My doctor has tried telling me as much as he can as to what I will go through during surgery and after.

I'll tell you all a little about my situation. I am constantly in pain, chronic infections, cysts on my ovaries, pre-cancer cells on cervix, fibroid tumors in the uterus ( one of which is getting pretty big and causing a lot of pain).I never get my period, ever..Only with hormones which make me crazy!! I haven't been able to have sex for over two years becuase of pain. I have one child although I have had two pregnancies and lost one child pre-maturely. I just feel like a big mess. This has really stopped me from functioning in a productive way. I am always tired and lately I feel like I am carrying a baby, my abdomin is swelling and I am constantly tired. I am not pregnant it is just the tumor..

I'll tell you the thing I am most scared of. I am scared that I will wake up and they will say I have cancer. I am scared. I have known for a long time that I haven't felt well.

I am sure I am not the only one going through these things, after I am done here I am going to go read some of the other posts.. Over the past 2 years I have lost close to 90 pounds ( very proud of my accomplishment) the past few weeks though, I have been eating a whole lot and I don't want too but I guess I am doing it out of nervousness.

I personally don't know too many people that have had a hysterectomy and someone reccomended this place and I am glad I found it.

Thank you all for listening
Peridot70
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2002, 11:02 AM
Welcome!!!

((((Peridot 70))))

Sounds like you could use a few hugs...so here they are... and how about another one...!!!!

I'm 33 and just had my hyst this past June. Mine was for Adenomyosis...which causes chronic pelvic pain. I have also had a few iffy paps come back so on June 10th I had a TAH/BSO.

It is very normal to be nervous and scared....gosh if you weren't a little scared and nervous, I would be real worried about you!!! It sounds like you are having the surgery for all the right reasons!! There is no reason for you to be in pain and to feel miserable all the time. I'm only two months post and I feel better now than I have in years!!! It is so awesome!! Don't get me wrong...It was a little rough at first, but by resting and walking and drinking lots of juice and water...I made a wonderful come back!!!

Hang in there and focus on the good aspects of this surgery!! Cross one bridge at a time and don't go looking for trouble...thinking you might have cancer. If or when that diagnosis is confirmed...then you can cross that bridge!! For now focus on you and how much better your life is going to be!!!

If it would make you feel any better, visit the forum called Cancer concerns...and when you get a chance come visit with us in chat. We are a lively bunch of ladies than can affoer you support, reassurances, hugs and laughter in real time!!!

Hang in there hon...there is a light at the end of the tunnel...and no it is not another train coming along to derail you!!!!
Unread 08-14-2002, 11:05 AM
Hi!!

Glad you found this website! It has really helped me since I found it about a week ago.

It is TOTALLY normal to be scared. I am actually freaking out right now! I go in on Monday for probably a TAH. I am so sorry for all of the problems you are having. I would think that you will feel much better after your surgery. If your worst fears come true which they most likely won't but if so, you have found out and can become aggresive in treating it. If you don't find out, well, that wouldn't be good.

I too am wowed by your weight loss! That is GREAT!! I work for weight watchers so I KNOW how hard that is.

Just know that there is LOTS of support here for you and we are here! Being scared it normal. Just know that you are doing something good for yourself and you will feel MUCH better once it is over!

Take care!

Christy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2002, 11:20 AM
First Time here...Scared

Thanks soooo much ladies....

I really needed to vent.. and to hear some feedback. You're right, I shouldn't even think about the worst...I should just concentrate on the positive.

Domestic Goddes, I was glad to hear that you feel better now than you did in years..that's encouraging, really encouraging! Hopefully I'll feel so much better because this is just dragging me down physically and mentally and I can't take anymore. I think I am having a total hysterectomy.

CLT, thanks, it took a long time for the weight to come off, I feel so much better, Like I said though, I need to nip this in the bud now becuase I am really eating more than I should lately.

Thanks again
Peridot70
Unread 08-14-2002, 12:18 PM
First Time here...Scared

Welcome! I am very new myself and feel so blessed to have these wonderful ladies. I can understand your concerns totally. I am waiting to be scheduled for my hyst. I have recently been diagnosed with stage 1A cervical cancer.

I know you will find a lot of great information here and more importantly wonderful support!

Lots of prayers and best wishes to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register