arg arg arg stressed out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

arg arg arg  stressed out arg arg arg stressed out

Unread 11-22-2004, 07:38 PM
arg arg arg stressed out

My subject line just about says it all. I got a call this morning and learned that my gynecologist has to go on medical leave (I don't know why but hope she's OK) and can't do my TAH (set for Dec. 14). The woman I talked to offered much later dates (late January) and agreed to see whether other doctors in the practice could do the surgery instead. Unfortunately my work schedule is tied to the academic year (since I am a teacher), and I can't do this either earlier or later because of when the semester ends and the next semester begins. The date of 12/14 seemed so perfect--allowing me 4 weeks to get back to work (even if at a reduced load). I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll find out that I can have the surgery when it was planned--oh, I hope so. My brother already made plans to travel out here (to Wisconsin from D.C.) to help me out Keep your fingers crossed.

When I got home I listened to a phone message from the nurse of the doctor who did my pre-op testing last Friday, and I am pretty sure they would only call if they discovered a problem either in the blood tests or the EKG, so now I'm really nervous, and can't get the information until tomorrow morning.

My stress is showing in my work, my insomnia, my eating habits, my concentration, how I react to other stressors (even little ones), etc. I am tied up in knots and also on the verge of tears. All this, plus my Dad's failing health, strife in the family, money worries, stressful time at work, waiting to hear whether I got tenure, missing my family (who I won't be able to see either at Thanksgiving or Christmas) and so on. :cry:

I don't know what I'll do if the surgery has to be scheduled later. The college is not prepared to cover my courses for more than perhaps a couple of weeks (if I'm not well enough to resume teaching Jan. 16). And I sure hope the news from the pre-op tests isn't terrible.

kirinphoebe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2004, 09:59 PM
arg arg arg stressed out

kirinphoebe ,

You certainly have a lot going on right now and I understand your stress. I hope your pre-op tests turn out ok and you can have your surgery when you planned.

Try to concentrate on yourself and breathe. I know that is easier said than done. Take a hot bubble bath or kick back and read a good book. Do something nice for yourself.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything will work out for you. I will also pray for your father and his failing health. I understand about missing your family...I have missed many holidays with mine as well.

God bless you and comfort you during this stressful time. s

Deb
Unread 11-22-2004, 10:03 PM
arg arg arg stressed out

Aarg!!! You do have a lot on your plate and on your mind. .:confuse: I was in a similar boat myself--not wanting the surgery earlier because of work (it never seemed to be the right time) and my dad's health problems.

I sure hope you can get a good dr. to fill in for yours on the 14th. But I think getting a good dr. outweighs the date issue, so please be sure you feel comfortable with your surgeon--make sure you check him/her out before agreeing to go ahead. I'm a career woman myself (my husband claims I'm a workaholic, that my work is my life--NOT!), but I know that my health, both mental and physical, is more important than my job! And for now, at least, it IS all about me!!!!

As for the call after your pre-op--I wouldn't worry unless you've had problems in the past. I got calls from my dr.'s office and from the hospital just to confirm everything and gather more information.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything works out. Let us know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2004, 10:07 PM
arg arg arg stressed out

You poor thing! I am so sorry to hear about everything you are going through. I may not be able to help but hopefully knowing we are all here and we care helps just a little?
You sound like an intelligent and caring lady and I just know that something will work out for you somehow. I will add my prayers to the others for you and please keep us posted.
Unread 11-23-2004, 04:47 AM
arg arg arg stressed out

You are, understandably, a basket case. I don't know what I would do if they rescheduled on my surgery. Take good care of yourself and put yourself first, above work responsibilities for now. You need to concentrate on YOU rather than work stuff. I hope everything goes okay and you find a good surgeon to keep you on schedule and perform your surgery. I'll be thinking of ya!
Unread 11-23-2004, 05:04 AM
arg arg arg stressed out

OH MY..what horrible news. I am so sorry you are going through all of this. to you. I hope things start looking up really soon and you find out you can have the surgery as planned.

shelly
Unread 11-23-2004, 05:45 AM
arg arg arg stressed out

Oh sweetie how my heart hurts for you.

I know it is not easy to go through all of this right now. Try and step back from your job and look at it for just a moment. If you had to leave because of an emergancey would the school cover, yes they would.. even if it was for an exstended amount of time.

You have to take care of yourself being stressed, bad eating habbits, lack of sleep will tear down your body's defense system leaving you open to every germ out there to atack. That is the last thing you want right now as you prepair for surgery, even if they have to wait until January

Being away from family at a time like this especially with your dad not in good health is so though on you. Do you have physical friends you can be with this holiday? They can lift you up and lighten you load if you let them.

I will be praying that Jesus will help you find comfort in this time of need.

Angel314
Unread 11-23-2004, 08:49 AM
arg arg arg stressed out

Dear friends

Thanks so much for your caring encoragement. Tody some GOOD news: I can have the surgery the same date as originally planned because another doctor is coming in on his day off. AND the call from the pre-op office was just to tell me that everything was fine (as far as the tests went) for me to have surgery. Whew!!!!!!!

Onward...

and thanks again for your support

kirinphoebe
Unread 11-23-2004, 09:02 AM
arg arg arg stressed out

Congrats!

Now try and get some rest and keep yourself healthy. Everything will work out.

you are in my rayer:'s

Angel314
Unread 11-23-2004, 09:04 AM
arg arg arg stressed out

sorry my little one was helping with the last post

"you are in my prayers"

Angel314

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register