How do they see everything with TVH???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How do they see everything with TVH???? How do they see everything with TVH????

Unread 02-17-2001, 04:03 PM
How do they see everything with TVH????

What are the benefits of LAVH vs. TVH? I have looked everywhere on the internet and haven't found anything. Plan to ask my Dr. this on Monday because I'm concerned that if they only go in vaginally they may miss endo (I've had it before). There is also a possibility we might remove ovaries if they don't look good (how can they see them with TVH?). Is there a scope they use vaginally to look for stuff? Did anyone ever get this info from their Dr? Anyone ever tell their Dr. they want a different type of surgery than the one he's suggesting?

Deb :hair:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2001, 04:33 PM

Great questions which echo what I have been wondering myself! Will be watching for replies.
Unread 02-17-2001, 04:54 PM
Do a search

Hi

If you do a search on the web (from here, or Copernic if you have it or http://www.dogpile.com for example) you will find all kinds of information on how they do these surgeries and what they are OK for and what the controversies are.

With a vaginal hysterectomy there is an incision in the vagina and once the cervix and uterus are out of the way there is some ability to see what's there. I have read that it is difficult to remove the ovaries this way and maybe if that looked necessary the doctor would use the laparascope anyway.

There is a LOT of information on the internet, so you can research to your heart's content!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2001, 06:11 AM

Thanks Artic That site is very helpful! It's always good to know what going to happen during and after surgery. I suggest that everyone take a look at this site. Artic has really done her research

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register