5 days left and I'm losing my mind - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 days left and I'm losing my mind 5 days left and I'm losing my mind

Unread 03-09-2006, 08:17 PM
5 days left and I'm losing my mind

Thanks ladies,
Its nice to know that as I lose my mind I'll be joining everyone else who's been through this before me and we'll be adding more of us as we go. I know its all normal what I'm feeling but it still doesn't make it easy. I just have to remember God will help me through it all. He'll be guiding the docs, holding my hand, and keeping his arms around me as he does every day. Its hard to let go and leave it to Him but I know I should. Sure hope he understands my issues right now and will just kinda giggle along with the rest of us.
As for those darn feminine product CEO's, they best be finding new jobs cuz we're not supporting them anymore!!!
Oh on a less then bright note, doc gave me the info on my pre-op instructions. Oh goodness. I don't have to take the big yucky. BUT I do have to take magnesium citrate which according to my SIL isn't as bad as the big guy but will taste pretty bad. I'm just praying I don't toss my cookies. She suggested mixing it with Sprite and chasing it with tons of water. What a concept, a mag citrate cocktail with a water chaser. Yummy. I also have to go on a liquid diet which I'm assuming should be clear stuff so I'll be all cleaned out by Tuesday. SIL said it works pretty quick so I guess I won't plan a Walmart trip or anything on Monday afternoon. LOL!! Making DH take me out for my "last meal" on Saturday night and I plan to eat everything in sight. LOL!!!
Thanks for all your support ladies. I love knowing I'm not alone in the pre-hysterectomy crazy universe.
Kris
losing it but its okay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2006, 09:56 PM

Hi (((Kris))),

I too had a lot of anxiety shortly before my surgery. I started crying and was angry.

My dh couldn't do anything right (at least in my mind at the time). Now I look back and realized, he couldn't have been better to me.

The waiting for your surgery is really the toughest part. Many come to question their decision about the need to have the surgery in the first place.

In my case, I knew I needed to have it done, but it was just a matter of getting over my self-induced fears.

Find something to distract you, calm you and something to make the waiting go just that much faster and that much easier. Before you know it, you too will be a
Unread 03-10-2006, 04:58 AM

having enjoyable sex again, no longer being personally responsible for the sales bonuses for Kotex's CEO's, etc.

Heh heh heh.....thanx for the funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2006, 09:02 AM

Hi Kris, we're both going on the same day so I really know how you feel! Hard to believe that we'll be there in 4 days I was cleaning my desk at work this morning and found a pack of Kotex which I had in my drawer: YES, won't need this anymore!!! I'm doing the same as you: big dinner on Saturday night, light on Sunday, and liquid plus yacky stuff to drink on Monday. So much work to become a Princess! What time is your surgery? Mine is at 1:00. Best of luck. Frenchie
Unread 03-10-2006, 12:13 PM

I know how you feel. I went through all that too. Crying at every appointment, at home, not sleeping, on and on.... even though I knew this was what I needed to do so I wouldn't be in constant pain every day of my life. Just think about how great it will be afterwards.

I was talking to a nurse afterwards, who wasn't my nurse, and she asked why I was in the hospital. When I told her, she said "Congratulations!". Made me laugh!
Unread 03-10-2006, 08:16 PM

Frenchie,
Mine is at noon.
I'm with you on the big dinner Saturday night. I'm making my family take me to Macaroni Grill and I'm having chicken scallipini with salad and tieramasu (sp?) and I may have a glass of cianti with it. Sunday's meals will not be much of anything since Monday brings the clear liquid diet (all hail the mighty Jello) and the magnesium citrate cocktail. Yummy...NOT!! Told the kids they better not get into my jello or I may go nuts. LOL!
It sure does hurt to be a princess doesn't it. It's so worth it though!
PRINCESSNESS AWAITS US!!! Where's my crown????
Kris

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register