My body still works!!! WOOHOO I can still have an "O"!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My body still works!!!  WOOHOO I can still have an "O"!! My body still works!!! WOOHOO I can still have an "O"!!

Unread 04-02-2010, 07:00 AM
My body still works!!! WOOHOO I can still have an "O"!!

I am not at 8 weeks yet, but DH and I tried very gently last night and I was able to have an orgasm! I was so worried that my body wouldn't work the same or it would be less satisfying. I had the kind of "O" that made my uterus contract, so I wondered what will it be like now with no uterus?? Well it was great, just as good, just different......didn't miss the cramps post "O" at all!
What a relief to know that at least I am still working. Hopefully I don't get into trouble or did any damage that my doc's will be unhappy about. It really didn't hurt and I had internal vaginal repair for a rectocele that was minor. Yeah!!!!
alicia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Re: My body still works!!! WOOHOO I can still have an "O"!!

glad to hear things are still working for you!!

but - no penetration i hope - that is a big no-no until cleared by doc! you dont want to risk causing problems or getting an infection.

waiting impatiently for clearance here! LOL
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:43 AM

YAY...that is exciting news...i had A&P repairs and i am really nervous! Can't wait to try out my new parts but i'm not race ready yet!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2010, 08:56 AM

Yeah, you go girl!! Cheers and hip, hip hurray!! We like hearing success stories, for sure...
Unread 04-02-2010, 10:35 AM

Yes, hrtlss1 we went "all the way"!! I read that oral is more dangerous since the human mouth is extremely dirty and much bigger risks of infection, so we did it traditionally. It was very slow and gentle sorry for tmi But it went fine and I am two weeks from my 8 week mark. I just couldn't wait, it was all me initiating this, I am on my cycle and my ovaries are workin overtime here, I have a very strong desire.......so I think if anything was damaged I would feel something. I also asked hubby if he could feel any undissolved sutures as they would probably be prickly.....I think I am healed in there. I am gonna let doc tell me how it all looks first and then tell him we did it at six weeks. I am glowing today
What more can a girl ask for, just what I needed to cheer up my blues over the pouch
Hugs and wishing everyone BIG "O's"
alicia
Unread 04-03-2010, 12:05 AM

Glad to hear that all systems are in working order! I'm 4 weeks post TAH/BSO/removed cervix and had "outercourse" for the first time yesterday and it was awesome. In terms of the big "O", my experience seems to be the same as yours - it was just different. I see my dr in 2 weeks and hope to get the green light for intercourse then - can't wait to try that out!
Unread 04-03-2010, 01:07 AM

(((Alicia))) it can be dangerous to have intercourse before your doctor has pronounced you healed and ready. There is a substantial danger of infection, not to mention a risk of damaging the vaginal cuff and/or your repair. Please let your doctor know ASAP what you did -- he/she may want to do an exam and perhaps prescribe antibiotics to try to reduce your risk of a serious infection.

s,
-Linda
Unread 04-03-2010, 07:15 AM

Thanks surferbabe,
I appreciate your concern but I am fine. No problems other than my usual bruising which is the same. I don't feel the need to run to the doctor when I have no complaints. I see him on the 14th anyway, and if there are any problems I will address them at that time. I am in the medical field and if I see or feel any signs of infection then I will call his office for sure.
Thanks,
alicia
Unread 04-03-2010, 08:56 AM

I sent my doc yellow smiley face cookies when I finally had mine! I included a note that said everything (that was left) works great! The nurses seemed to think that was pretty funny, lol!

I felt like they deserved a little treat anyway, I had been a terrible pain the past few months.

I was so freaking happy I couldn't help myself!
Unread 04-03-2010, 09:16 AM

Its really nice to hear the success stories. We all have concerns in that area. I'm way too early yet, just 10 po but am glad my mind is wandering in that direction. Was really afraid there would be no drive. With out ovaries I just hope it doesn't leave.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register