daVinci pre-op Questions - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

daVinci pre-op Questions daVinci pre-op Questions

Unread 03-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Re: daVinci pre-op Questions

Will be praying for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2011, 05:39 PM

Thank you to everyone...you ladies are wonderful! I am so thankful to have found this site. I am noticing that I am growing calmer as my surgery date approaches. Thank you again.
Unread 03-10-2011, 06:51 PM

BeetlejuiceAZ - We are having our surgeries on the same day March 15th. I will be thinking of you and lets post after we recuperate and congratulate each other. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2011, 07:12 PM

So you know each week of surgeries has their own Recovery Progress thread so that everyone can stay in touch and support one another through the initial recovery phase.

You'll be able to keep up with each other and all your other hystersisters from that week.

G.
Unread 03-12-2011, 12:58 PM
daVinci pre-op Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetlejuiceAZ View Post
My daVinci is scheduled for 3/15 and I'm alternately relieved and terrified. So many people have shared their positive experiences with the DVH that I am feeling a little better about things, but I still feel a little lost and overwhelmed.

What is a tummy/belly binder? Will I need one of these after a DVH?

I'm a little slow on the uptake, apparently...had no idea there might be any bowl prep...what all will that entail?

I am an elementary school teacher and I'm nervous about leaving my students, too. I've taken 4 weeks off of work and am planning to be back on the day my students begin a week of high-stakes testing.

I appreciate any information and helpful hints anyone is able to give me. I have been exploring my way through the boards, but I'm becoming overwhelmed very quickly.

Thank you, sisters!
I was exactly in your shoes just 2 weeks ago. Had davinci hysterectomy / bso / peritoneal washing / bladder Burch on 2/28. I am doing great! The first few days were uncomfortable but every day I feel a little better. I am also an elementary school teacher and am returning to work at 3 weeks which is the 21st. I am resting a lot to prepare but also walking around the block and went out to lunch and ran a couple errands yesterday. I had tubes removed 5 yrs ago with laparoscopic surgery. I don't even remember first week of that. Slept through it. This time is 100% better. Did all my preplanning thanks to great advice I found here. Had everything I needed at home so didn't need to send hubby to get things. My favorite pieces of advice? Get a tummy pillow- love it! The backscratcher and loofahs on a stick from Dollar Tree are my other favorites. Also put a chair next to toilet to help me get up and down plus it was a great place for a bin. In the bin I have toilet paper , ( can't bend down to get it or twist around to reach
the wall holder )flushable feminine
wipes, and pads. Another nine on nightstand has life savers, kindle, heating pad ( another must!!), thank you cards, prescription meds, goldfish saltines to munch on when taking meds in middle of the night and don't want to get sick, sleep mask, and tissues. I keep my phone nearby to go on Hystersisters. I love this website. Its so reassuring to know I'm not alone and hearing that others ate going through dame thing having same issues make me feel normal.
I lost everything so I also have a small fan nearby for hot flashes though they aren't bad so far. (Fingers crossed)
Finally, visit the prayers page. This website helped me get so prepared that the morning of I just read some prayers and was so calm and at peace. You too will be fine.
Unread 03-12-2011, 01:00 PM

Oh, I didn't have a binder. Did ok without it but decided to get one yesterday thinking I will need it for work when I go back.
Unread 03-12-2011, 09:30 PM

BeetlejuiceAZ - My dr told me I wouldn't need a tummy binder with the DaVinci method. I also am scared and can't wait for it to be over. My doctor called last night and walked me thru the whole thing from the time I will get to the hospital and what will happen afterwards. It reasured me a lot but am still scared. I have to drink that bowel prep and she told me to put it in the refrig for a while and drink it with a straw, makes it not so bad. My uterus and cervix will be taken and she said its up to me about the ovaries. I decided to keep them.
A silly question - if the uterus and cervix are gone is it necessary to still get pap smears in the future?
Good luck on the 15th, I will be thinking of you and I know you will come thru great. Best of luck to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register