Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

Unread 03-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

Hi Demples,
I am excited to hear you are feeling better. I have my fingers crossed you burning pain is gone forever!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 06:31 AM

I get that in my left lower abdomen. My doctor said it is the stitches inside and they are pulling....probably because I did something I shouldn't have.."who me? I am at four weeks. I feel like superwoman some days and if I am doing and up too much, I get the pulling burning sensation on the left side (that is where he removed my left ovary). He said the stiches are into some muscle. Of course you would need to speak to your doctor but mine said with what he did I won't pull the stiches out, but they will set me straight.
Unread 03-30-2008, 01:45 PM

I know EXACTLY what your talking about. Had my Hyst on March 10 and am almost 3 weeks out. Kept ovaries. But I also had an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) I assumed the burning was from the tummy tuck. Mine in on my lower right side and the plastic surgeon said it was probably a honkerblonked off nerve. to quote her exactly. I am going to see her on Tuesday as this is preventing me from walking for too long or sitting. She is going to give me a temporary block in that area. That should give the nerve time to heal. I hope it works! maybe you could ask your doc about this block. My GYN doesn't know about any of this since I almost forgot I even had a hyst!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 09:55 PM

Hi, My Hysterectomy Was 2/6/08 And Some Days I Feel Wonderful. Some Days I Can't Wait To Get Home From Work And Take A Nap. I'm A Bookkeeper And I Sit All Day. Some Nites I Can't Get Comfortable Either No Matter How I Lay In Bed. The Burning In My Pelvis, And Tail Bone Can Be Horrible. I Had A Supracervical Lap. Hysterectomy With A Vaginal Supension. I Didn't Have This Burning Befor My Hysterectomy I Had Pain. Large Fibroids Like Grapefruit!! I Had Pressure Like A 10 Lb. Brick Was Laying On Me 24.7. Now Thisburning Comes And Goes But Mostly At Nite, Maybe Cuz During The Day I Don't Have Time To Think About It. My Burning Goes Away After I Take A Vicodin And A Otc Motrin. It Helps With The Inflamation. I Hope This Burning Goes Away Soon. Why Does It Burn? I Probably Should Call My Dr. To.
Unread 04-03-2008, 01:53 AM

Hi tulipsjtw....just felt I needed to respond..My hyster was on 21 Feb 08 and like you I had terrible burning pain I thought would never go away. I had a total hyster with a vertical cut. I saw my oncologist/gyn yesterday. Last Wed I saw my gyn (they both operated at the hyster), and he explained more to me. I think you have a vertical scar, not sure, but he said how much longer it takes to get over it, and like you, he said my uterus was huge with giant fibroids, and he would have taken it out a long time ago. So I got more of a sense of the amount of healing needed. Luckily (I think, x my fingers) the burning pain seemed to go away Monday?? this week...this morning I did feel I had slight burning, but not sure...but been ok rest of the day. I have noticed instead a more achey, nerve type pain, and he explained where i pointed, which is my right lower pelvic area, there are two nerves next to each other that were cut and are probably rubbing against each other. Also adhesions form and move etc. I quit my job with the govt here in Oz, and am starting my nursing in July, so luckily I can spend more time recovering, but I think like you, if I had to have gone back to my previous job now, I would have felt like you do. I just today, steam cleaned my shower, and cleaned bathroom sink, went out for about an hour for lunch with a friend who drove me (can't drive for another 3 weeks, so 8 weeks in total for driving) and spent the afternoon reading and resting, I certainly get tired and feel pain after I have done things. My legs ache as I have just started walking. I honestly spent nearly the whole last 5 weeks in bed, the pain was so bad. Looking back, I think I have been really impatient, and as I said, I still have pain, but not the intense burning pain. Having time to think is a problem, I live alone and think I have defintely too much time to think. You did have your hyster before me so it might be good to call your doctor, but sounds similar to me. Maybe we expect to heal more quickly, I know I have never been like this before, and not able to do things, so is it that? I did feel better going to gyn tomorrow, and even tho other gyn did an internal exam last week, had to have one yesterday, but he was pleased and said things were going well. Apart from that, about 2 people mentioned how well I was looking, so I think the pain getting less is helping me, I feel better, just not sleeping. I hate to say keep positive, I certainly wasn't...and am still only being cautiously optimistic, but hopefully you too will get there. Seems like the bigger the uterus, and the cut etc..the longer the healing. I had no idea until yesterday how difficult the surgery had been and how everything was stuck to organs, so I was probably lucky I came out of the op with no damage to my bowels etc...(or should I say no permanent damage). I certainly get inflammation in my bowels and pelvic area still, and apparently everything is still moving and settling into place. Good luck, I hope things get better soon
Vicki
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:33 PM

I forgot to mentin my plastic surgeon offered a drug called Neurontin for burning pain. That seems to be the thing they use when it's a problem. Fortunatly for me the burning is fading away. But I'm using Lidocaine patches on the areas. If the burning continues, you might want to try one of these two medications just to get you over the hump.
Unread 04-03-2008, 07:56 PM

Hi Dharma and all,
I am glad to hear possibly your burning pain is going away, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I have been wondering how you have been getting along. I have been back to work since Sunday, I have had lots of trouble with my back, legs and feet hurting badly. Lol, I looked like a little old lady trying to walk out to my car after work. I work 10-12 hours daily working with the public and on my feet for these hours. I had to take 2 pain pills to get over the pain. As far as abdominal pain, I have had only slight pain, and that was only went I bumped the incision against the counters. Today though I didn't experience much pain except for the usual painful feet which was my main complaint, lol, after 2 surgeries.
Kathleen: My GYN DR. gave me tramadol, anaprox, and lyrica for my pain and burning. I have been taking tramadol and lyrica though before hyster for my foot burning and pain from nerve damage prescribed by ortho.
Tulips: I don't have a definate answer to give you on the time frame for the burning to subside. Mine disappeared after about 5 weeks. Maybe you should ask DR. about it again, till you get an answer that will help you. I hope you the best.
Okay, I will stop rambling now, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and feel GREAT!!!!!!
Unread 04-03-2008, 08:34 PM

Hi Sleepyhude...glad to hear things are going o.k. I know the feeling, I used to work with the public in social security, however, still at home, but since I have been moving around more, I find I get achy legs!!!! and not doing anywhere near as much as you. Today I have some pain a bit, and little burning (I think that is the pain)....but mum said maybe I have been doing too much...I don't think I have overdone it as such, but I guess anything is more than lying in bed for 5 weeks...yesterday was a good day, and from what it seems, you have good day, then a bad day.... I agree with you about time frame. This is my 6th week, however, I know we are all different, and I am trying to be patient, at least I am getting somewhat better, just have to take it easy and go with the flow, as they say.

Cheers to all
Vicki
Unread 04-04-2008, 07:26 AM

Well going back to work is always on my mind and I am so afraid i wont be 100 percent since i work 16 hour shifts. I'm a nurse. I did take off a full 2 months thinking I could always go back early (that's not happening!) if I wanted to. I go back on May 10 so what I'm doing is walking every day. I started walking the first week looking like an ape and then graduating to a Neanderthal Man and now just plain granny! I'm 54 so these 2 surgeries I had are not as easy as if I was in my 30's! and about the burning, I had it on both sides and my doctor gave me a shot on one side and it made the buring go away. So now I'm going to ask to get a shot on the other side too. Each day gets better so there's hope!
Unread 04-04-2008, 10:34 AM

Wow!!! Kathleen, I thought I had a longgg day, but 16 hours,geesh. No way, no how could I do that for sure. Lol, I sure was the granny last Sunday and Monday. Yesterday was alot better for sure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register