Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017 - Page 84 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

Unread 10-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

Can we talk about sex for a moment? Who's having sex? And how does it feel?
I have to honestly say "meh" I think there's so much scar tissue it's hard to enjoy. I know this is weird to say but almost no feeling. I use to have fantastic orgasms due to the uterus contracting but obviously that's gone. My husband says everything feels brand new so I'm glad someone is happy. The good news is I don't have to shove my cervix up and out of the way now. So I guess that's a plus? I guess this is the new normal? Hopefully as the scar tissue ages some feeling will return. Anyone else have these issues? Is this something we don't want to talk about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogrobot View Post
Can we talk about sex for a moment? Who's having sex? And how does it feel?
I have to honestly say "meh" I think there's so much scar tissue it's hard to enjoy. I know this is weird to say but almost no feeling. I use to have fantastic orgasms due to the uterus contracting but obviously that's gone. My husband says everything feels brand new so I'm glad someone is happy. The good news is I don't have to shove my cervix up and out of the way now. So I guess that's a plus? I guess this is the new normal? Hopefully as the scar tissue ages some feeling will return. Anyone else have these issues? Is this something we don't want to talk about?
It's definitely something we should be talking about. My personal circumstances mean I'm not having sex with anybody, but I've tried masturbating and it's certainly much harder to achieve orgasm now than it was before - but not impossible. I suspect the answer is to do it lots and learn new ways of getting the desired result. That whole lovely womb contraction feeling can't come back, obviously, but orgasms are still possible and still pleasurable so with a bit of practice there seems to be no reason why one shouldn't get better at it.
Unread 10-12-2017, 02:51 PM

Two things:

I had left pain two weeks ago and it was a menstrual cycle cyst that dissipated (had ultrasound); I am having brown blood for the last two menstrual cycles for like two days when I would have gotten my period.

Sex - it’s ok - def better for him and I do have some feeling for sure but still taking it slow....scared to really tear it up...literally

I have been able to achieve climax with a pillow - worked for me and made me feel human again

For me - the real test will be doggy style - it’s why I did this whole thing in the first place. If that doesn’t hurt I’ll be thrilled.

Urination is still frequent but no leakage outside of when bladder is really full, which is an improvement.

Have checkup with doctor in a couple weeks and he said he’d refer me to P/T to strengthen my pelvic floor (aka super Kegels). I think that will be good and help to hasten this recovery. Dear Lord it’s never-ending!

I’m hoping these periods dissipate; I have to say I actually had vaginal pain in what would have been PMS time....it was like my vagina was trying to menstruate (which of course...it never could it is always the uterus). The last two “periods” had brown-gray tissue come out. Kind of annoying but I guess it’s an indicator that I’m not in menopause yet!
Unread 10-12-2017, 03:29 PM

Happy to talk about sex! I got cleared to have penetrative sex again on Monday, but my sweetie is working so much we likely won't have a chance to even try for another two weeks. We did have "outercourse" a few weeks ago (doctor endorsed!) and it was lovely, if a little strange. He was super afraid of hurting me. I'm still able to orgasm on my own as normal. I'm kind of afraid to try intercourse again. Is it going to hurt? Will it trigger surgical trauma?

How have other sisters been doing with a return to sexual activity?
Unread 10-14-2017, 05:56 PM

, sweet sisters!

So, let's talk sex!

I was cleared for sex at my 9 week appointment. The first time, it definitely hurt when my husband entered me. But not bad enough to stop
Now it still hurts a little every time, on the left side, but then it stops. Very weird. I assume that it was sewn in too tightly during surgery?
I was very scared of sex since I had suffered from cystocele, rectocele, uterine prolapse and also bladder prolapse. All of this was repaired after my hysterectomy, and I had a sacrocolpopexy ( In essence the vagina is fixed to the sacrum/bone ligament using mesh).
I do have to say that we use KY jelly for lubrication, and that makes it easier. Not sure whether this is due to my ovaries having been removed/being on a patch/ or what have you. But it helps.
I also would suggest not to overthink it and not to hope for the moon (at least not at first).
All of our lady parts were touched and worked on and repaired. Give it time. Be patient. Go easy on yourself and/or your partner. And the rest will follow. For sure. Trust me.

Unread 10-14-2017, 06:02 PM

Hello,

I got cleared to have sex at 8 weeks, but was too scared and here it is in my 12th week and I am still scared. My husband is very patient and understanding, however, I know he really wants to and I feel bad for not doing it. I really want to as well, but just afraid. Plus we have been so busy and had not really had time to do it. I figure now at 12 weeks that things should be more healed and good to go, and I am sure it will be okay when we do have sex, it's my fear and anxiety getting the best of me.
Unread 10-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle13 View Post
Hello,

I got cleared to have sex at 8 weeks, but was too scared and here it is in my 12th week and I am still scared. My husband is very patient and understanding, however, I know he really wants to and I feel bad for not doing it. I really want to as well, but just afraid. Plus we have been so busy and had not really had time to do it. I figure now at 12 weeks that things should be more healed and good to go, and I am sure it will be okay when we do have sex, it's my fear and anxiety getting the best of me.
Oh! Me too. I still have plenty of days when I am sore after working all day. Because of that I worry about sex. My husband is patient as well but I also feel bad. Not exactly sure when I will feel ready but I know it's not now.
Unread 10-15-2017, 03:02 AM
Smile - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

Sex for me (us) is mostly normal. Mostly. I have no trouble reaching orgasm, but in fairness, I never did. The uterine contraction is gone, which stinks, but I'm having no trouble getting there. What I have noticed is that if he goes too deep, and bumps up against what's left of my cervix (to be clear, I still have a half of one - during my surgery they discovered a fibroid growing in it, but was too close to my bladder for comfort, so they removed what they could and left the rest to avoid potentially nicking my bladder). Anyway, when he knocks up against it, I feel discomfort later. Not at the time, but maybe hours later. He tries very hard not to hit it, but things happen and when he does, I have delayed soreness. Not sure I'd even call it pain. Another thing - I get so swollen some days! I feel like the Stay Puft marshmallow man, I swear. I haven't been able to figure out what causes the swelling to be worse on some days, but if you're feeling frustrated with your jeans/skirts not fitting sometimes, you're not alone! Other than that, It all seems normal in there. I helped move some furniture a few weekends ago and felt a jab of pain, but it was very brief - so brief I'm not sure if it was even related. I feel much better when I hydrate hydrate hydrate. Someone mentioned above being able to pee easier with a full bladder (like to total emptiness), and I agree. I pee 'better' with a full bladder. If it's half or do I don't get the same feeling of 'all clear'.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Hugs and cheers, gals!
Unread 10-23-2017, 04:25 PM

, sweet sisters!

Just checking in with you.
It's amazing, you are all past the 3 month line already!!

Doesn't it feel like forever?

I know that there are still struggles and that they may take time, but take a moment and think back to the first day after your surgeries.
Think how far you've come!

Congratulations, sisters, way to go!

Hang in there for the home stretch! The next few weeks and months is when you will feel even more normal....

xoxo
Unread 10-23-2017, 07:49 PM

I can't believe it is 3 months already! I still feel worried about being 100%.. I feel ok.. but don't want to disrupt anything. I have heard that it takes 4 months for internal stitches to heal and a good year for to be 100%.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register