Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 20-Feb 26,2012 - Page 113 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 20-Feb 26,2012 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 20-Feb 26,2012

Unread 02-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 20-Feb 26,2012

Two years really past so quickly thank God. I feel amazing I almost forgot about what I used to feel in the past I can't imagine that my period used to stay for months with all the mess related to this case.
Now I feel stable trying to have a healthy diet and supplements like omega 3 and multivitamins.
I'm taking extra care of my skin so i can avoid wrinkles and dry complexion
I had to check my doctor once last year he said that every thing is fine. I don't know if my ovaries are still working I don't have menopause signs till now
Finally I thank God that I took the right decision on the right time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2014, 01:00 PM

Two years ladies! Isn't that hard to believe??!??!!!? All is well here. I still try to take time to savor and appreciate how GOOD I feel now. I have a co-worker who is currently struggling with terrible endometriosis and debilitating periods and I remember what that was like (although more distantly every day) and am so thankful to be on this side of it. I wish she could understand how great it is to live a life free of pain and massive blood loss every month! My only issue at this point is recurring incontinence which developed immediately post-surgery. No one can seem to tell me why although I KNOW, in some way, it's related to the vaginal hysterectomy. Undergoing urodynamics testing this week actually and hoping that will reveal something, anything. But, compared to what I lived with before, this is merely an inconvenience. I lost 40 pounds in the year after my surgery, am running 5-6 days a week and maintaining my weight loss. My whole body feels healthier now that all the "bad stuff" is gone. This site was truly a godsend in the days, weeks and months immediately following surgery. So much support and wisdom here. What a great group of ladies! I hope everyone is feeling good at our 2 year mark and enjoying pain-free healthy days!
Unread 02-25-2014, 11:05 AM

Two years have passed. The big change is that I don't think about this surgery much any more. I gratefully take it for granted that I don't have overwhelming bleeding, agonizing cramps, and stress incontinence. All but one of the scars are virtually invisible...I still feel a little pull on the vertical one.

When I was making my decision, one option had been the uterine artery oblation. But I received good advice from an interventional radiologist at the time to seriously consider hysterectomy. Later, my gynecologist said that if I had done the other procedure I would probably have been back after less than a year anyway.

I'm stronger and more fit overall though I've become kind of skinny and flatter. Oh well. I use 1 gm of Estrace twice a week to maintain the vaginal walls...they were becoming very thin and painful post-menopause. But all doctors I've consulted say that this is the safest hormone approach. In summary, this surgery gave me a full, active life back and I am very grateful I did it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2015, 09:04 AM

Happy Anniversary!! Tomorrow marks my two years since my partial hysterectomy and I am doing well. I even forgot my password to this site which is sad because this site was my biggest support before and after my surgery and I was on it so much during that time. A big thank you to the founder of it.. It made a huge difference for me.
It took almost a full year to feel myself again energy wise though. I still napped and got tired from the smallest things. I am glad there were a few women in my life who knew this was a normal part of the healing process. This past year has been much better. I started a weight loss regiment and am looking forward enjoying being lighter this spring… I was gaining weight and it was due to the things I was eating and being too tired to excersize and not the hysterectomy. I kept my ovaries and some days wonder if I should have just had them out and not have to ever worry but I made the best decision I could at that time.
Much love and continued happiness to all who shared this date with me!!
Christine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register