Home from the Castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from the Castle Home from the Castle

Unread 07-14-2006, 08:21 AM
Home from the Castle

I had my TAH on Tuesday morning and they were able to save my ovaries. I had a spinal, but it didn't take very well and they had to give me morphine for pain. As a result, I got a reaction to the morphine and I threw up for nearly 24 hours. Not fun with abdominal surgery. Once that was out of my system, I was able to keep fluids and food down and was released Thursday morning to come home.
My hospital experience was great. The nurses couldn't have been better and the facility was wonderful. Private rooms with flat screen TV, DVD, VCR, internet, private bath. My DH stayed with me both nights just in case I needed anything.
Each day is getting better. I finally had a BM this morning and, although painful, it felt oh so good.
I do have swelly belly , but the hospital gave me a binder I use during the day while I'm up moving around. It really helps.
Thanks for all of your support and information during my decision and this continuing process. I know I hurt a bit now, but in a few weeks it will all be worth it.
Now :timeup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Home from the Castle

Glad you are home and healing ((hugs)) Denise
Unread 07-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Home from the Castle

Although I'm glad you're home healing, that hospital you were at truly does sound like a !!

Take it easy and get lots of . Remember, you're royalty now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2006, 03:42 PM
Home from the Castle

well come home...no remember to rest,and do walk around the house to help your circulation..
Unread 07-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Home from the Castle

glad to see you made it - i got home yesterday and still haven't had a bm - any suggestions? legs are really swollen - so walking is slow and i find out today i didn't understand my meds and was only taking 2 vicodin every 4 hours and then after that 4 hours 2 advil then 4 hours later vicodin - hopefully when i can get my pain controlled it will be better. i put a nicotine patch on today because i just feel i need to right now! so wish me tons of luck with that. Anyone have a problem with their belly getting hot - or is that a hot flash? it only lasts a hour or so but it's weird.
Unread 07-14-2006, 04:25 PM
Home from the Castle

Has anyone else been told to wear a binder when up and around? I have one too.
Unread 07-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Home from the Castle

Welcome home! Get lot's of rest and pamper the
Unread 07-15-2006, 07:05 AM
Home from the Castle

wpooh - I'm sorry that you had so many problems with the meds. I am glad that you are home and feeling better.

I just had my first bm today. I took the advice of other women here who suggested that I walk often, drink lots and lots of water, and take stool softeners. I chose Benefiber since it's not gritty and has no taste.

My doctor let me take my binder home - but said I didn't have to wear it if I didn't want to. I found that I was in more pain with it on (because of all of the gas I had). I may try wearing it again today because I feel less gassy.

Unread 07-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Home from the Castle

Glad to hear from everyone. I also came home with a binder and found that it works best wearing it during the day when I'm up and moving around. Whenever I take a nap during the day or sleep at night, I take it off.
My belly has been warm to hot, but have found my corn bag chilled has helped with the warmth and swelling.
I had my first BM yesterday. I have been taking stool softener since last Sunday to prepare, but needed the help of a Ducolax suposotory (spelling?) to start things off.
Hang in there Noni, things will get better.
Unread 07-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Home from the Castle

I'm happy to see you are all doing well and posting your recovery! It really wasn't so bad was it? Of course we didn't believe it until we actually did it.
The warm belly gets better after a while and I'm happy to report that by day 11, I was no longer having bowel problems!!
I get dressed every morning now and start my day. I make sure to rest in the evenings though and the belly is getting firmer each day.
I can't believe it was only 15 days days ago. seems much longer than that!
Keep healing well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register