Scheduled TAH drama at my house | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

drama at my house drama at my house

Unread 06-08-2009, 07:42 PM
drama at my house

Well, here I am doing my bowl prep, in the bathroom a lot and suddenly my mom is screaming down the hall cause my dad fell in the Garage.

I get in there and he is lieing on the ground, not moving. Finally he talks to us while I am calling 911. He had knee replacement surgery about 2 months ago. He just fell on the same leg, missed the bottom step. Fell over like a tall tree.

He is rushed off to the emergency room. No his leg is not broken but he did tear some ligaments in the thigh. So he has on a full leg brace.

My mom is asking me if I can cancel my surgery. Ummmm. Not really. I took off 3 weeks from work and there is not another window to do that again for months. Christmas. I'm not waiting that long. so I told her I would ask my partner/boyfriend to come over and stay like the weekend when I come home to help with the cooking and getting me around. she can worry about my dad.

She said, "No. That wont be necessary." I have to argue, it will be. I come home on Friday and my dad has to go to the Dr. that did his knee on Friday. So who is going to come pick me up? My 11 year old?

I should just ask my boyfriend to come up and the hell with what my mom says. She can't do it all. *bangs my head on the desk* So much for getting pampered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Re: drama at my house

Sorry that you are having a rough time. I'm sure that it is NOT how you wanted to feel going into a big surgery. My DH always said that the things that start off bad... end up good. Hopefully this will come true in your case! Chin up... it will work out.
I had a rough time the day before my surgery as well and I am doing much better today! Keep in touch and let us know how you are!
:huh:

Pamper the Princess!
Unread 06-08-2009, 08:00 PM

I think you should do what you feel comfortable doing. You are correct when you say your mom can't do everything. She can't go around making you feel guilty either. That's not fair and it's not nice. You have someone to watch over you and pick you up. Go through with surgery. Good luck tomorrow and we'll see each other in the post-op section!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2009, 08:27 PM

Too bad you cant do your surgery like later this month, I feel for your dad though, keep your appointment since you cant rescheudle soon, but please make dad is in good hands too. God will provide for both of you, take care.
Unread 06-08-2009, 08:58 PM

Your mom is upset and so are you and rightly so. Thank god your dad will be okay and you will to. Don't worry and have your surgery and it'll all work out.
Best of luck to you tomorrow.
Joanne/JC1
Unread 06-08-2009, 10:07 PM

Your life sounds like mine.

DO NOT CANCEL. Something else will come up then anyway.

I'm new here and this is my first message. I just had to write to you. Today is my 21st day after TAH and I'm recovering well. I had a few first bad days at home when I realized I was too drugged to know what I was doing and then realized my husband was on overload with our two little girls plus me, and was giving me the wrong meds!

It's hard to get pampered! My parents and all my aunts are deceased, and I really miss how they would have pampered me.

Make sure someone is available to help you, and ask for what you need because others don't always get it.

I'll be praying for you.
Unread 06-08-2009, 11:16 PM

Thank you. I think I just had to vent. I have been really good about this. not getting upset or nervous. Holding it all in. everyone around here is so casual about it.

My mom is Pollyanna, all smiles and peppy. My dad is the dark cloud of doom and making me redo my living will and all that before I go in and goig over all the things that could go wrong. sheesh.

I am fine, I just hide in my room with my daughter and read to her. Hmmm. I should bright our book so i can read to her while I wait to get wheeled in. Or not. Not sure what the time will be like. But I don't want her scared. So I can't be.

See you all on the other side!
Unread 06-09-2009, 10:55 AM

Rangerbrook its probably too late for you to see this post op, but I am glad you decided to keep you surgery time. You have to care for you. Your mom reminds me of my late mom. Your family reminds me of mine. I am with you in spirit, although I too am having the week from hell. I'm working until Thursday 4pm and my surgery is on Friday. There is so much I fell like I need to do and I am arguing with DH 3 x daily like a drug. He's currently laid off so he's not in the greatest mood either. But this too will pass. God is good. Take care of self or you won't be around to save the world. See you post op.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register