Scheduled TLH Surgery on Tuesday! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery on Tuesday! Surgery on Tuesday!

Unread 10-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Surgery on Tuesday!

Few things....

First off I'm so excited. My doctor is pretty awesome. For me to say that about a male gynecologist is sooooo out there. I used to say, "no uterus, no opinion" because I had had some bad experiences with male drs. One even told me that cramps were a figment of my imagination..... whatever!

And you know the way I found him was through Yelp. I <3 Yelp! I went to him for a 2nd opinion outside my regular doctor and cult of insurance crap. My first doctor said I was suffering from Chronic pain and referred me to a pain clinic. I knew something was wrong....I have endometerosis and I knew something else was up. I asked for my sonogram results and after several repeated attempts to get my Doctor to realize or admit that I had an acute problem wasn't happening. My class to get into the pain clinic was scheduled in September and isnt until October 18th. I went and found, scheduled a 2nd opinion and now surgery prior to that date.

So for all the ladies who don't feel that their diagnosis is right, I STRONGLY encourage that second opinion. Find somebody on yelp, ask a friend.....whatever you need to do. You are your own best advocate.

Now that surgery is 4 days away, I have NOTHING done. I need to make a list and follow through this weekend!

Yay!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Surgery on Tuesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENJENN View Post
Few things....

First off I'm so excited. My doctor is pretty awesome. For me to say that about a male gynecologist is sooooo out there. I used to say, "no uterus, no opinion" because I had had some bad experiences with male drs. One even told me that cramps were a figment of my imagination..... whatever!

And you know the way I found him was through Yelp. I <3 Yelp! I went to him for a 2nd opinion outside my regular doctor and cult of insurance crap. My first doctor said I was suffering from Chronic pain and referred me to a pain clinic. I knew something was wrong....I have endometerosis and I knew something else was up. I asked for my sonogram results and after several repeated attempts to get my Doctor to realize or admit that I had an acute problem wasn't happening. My class to get into the pain clinic was scheduled in September and isnt until October 18th. I went and found, scheduled a 2nd opinion and now surgery prior to that date.

So for all the ladies who don't feel that their diagnosis is right, I STRONGLY encourage that second opinion. Find somebody on yelp, ask a friend.....whatever you need to do. You are your own best advocate.

Now that surgery is 4 days away, I have NOTHING done. I need to make a list and follow through this weekend!

Yay!!!
Good luck to to you and wishing you a speedy recovery can't wait to see you on the other side post op is an amazing place to be . Hugs
Unread 10-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Re: Surgery on Tuesday!

I got a second opinion too and went with it. Glad you found us here this place is great!! I didn't do much to get ready till a few days before my surgery. The main thing I suggest is getting your recovery area ready. Mine is my bedroom, I have 2 snack trays with stuff like medicine snacks drinks tissues lotion anything I could think of pre op that I thought I would want post op. best of luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2012, 01:49 PM

beccajow -

I think the best part about my recovery is ...... My boyfriend works from home. I told him we can get a little box to put on his side of the bed if he has to leave for a few hours with stuff in it, but I dont want my room to look like a hospital room I have my iPad and tissue box there for regular stuff. I think I should make a list tho for stuff I may need to put in the box.

I had 2 friends (both on this site too thats whow I heard about you guys ) both give me a list. So I guess I've gotta get it ready soon.

My doctor said I can go home the same night, but we just found out our fence is getting re-built next to my bedroom window so I may just stay the extra night and get some sleep if I can.

I'm just not a big hospital fan. Any surgery I've ever had where I've had to stay moe than a day, I can't stand it and tell my doctor I have to go. Even after my ablation I was supposed to wait for my pain to get under control so I could go home....I felt the nurse was a ***** so I got up and walked out.......and ended up in the ER right after that. Le sigh......
Unread 10-12-2012, 11:10 PM

I am on Tuesday also. Congrats on getting another opinion and for self advocating so well. Impressive. Good Luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register