HELP! Fallopian Tube Prolaspe / Granulation - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HELP! Fallopian Tube Prolaspe / Granulation HELP! Fallopian Tube Prolaspe / Granulation

Unread 02-29-2008, 08:17 AM
HELP! Fallopian Tube Prolaspe / Granulation

ttostfr -

I understand where you are coming from with the "first patient she's ever had" . . .I was in the same boat. I did not have a biopsy before my surgery for my prolapsed fallopian tube. Both of my tubes had fallen through and were lodged.

I had observers in my surgery due to the "uniqueness" of it all. They did a vaginal surgery on me for over an hour and then my abdominal surgery was immediately following and took another hour and 45 minutes.

I hope you get the answers you want soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2008, 08:21 AM

Eeks - glad to hear I'm not alone. Everything you read on this says it is very "rare" but I'm beginning to wonder! When you say abdominal do you mean laproscopically (I notice your hysterectomy was vaginally so you wouldn't have had an abdominal incision which I do and am hoping they wouldn't have to reopen). What were your symptoms that lead to the surgery - how are you feeling now (was the recovery as long as the hysterectomy)..... thanks for any insight you can provide
Unread 02-29-2008, 08:33 AM

My doctor told me the same thing. It is VERY rare. She said there is only 80 reportings of it in the world, supposedly. She had only heard about it in medical journals and had heard a dr talk on it at a conference once. All her partners were involved in my situation.

By abdominal I do mean laproscopically. I have 5 incisions which seem to be healing beautifully (in my opinion).

It is an outpatient surgery but I ended up in the hospital overnight because of having both surgeries and having so much pain afterwards. I can't take pain medication.

My surgery was Jan 21 and my belly button of all things killed me. It hurt so bad but I woke up on February 1st and the pain was gone and has never returned. I still have pressure but no sharp pains or anything. From the 21 to the 1, I could not even have a shirt touching my bellybutton.

Symptoms were pain and LOTS of drainage.

I have not been released by my doctor because I was not healed, stitches not dissolved and still battling a staph infection. I still have all my original restrictions: no baths or water of any kind like that (which wasn't fun on my vacation), no alcohol due to the antibiotics, no abdominal exercise and limited other exercise, no sex. I see my surgeon again next week and I'm REALLY hoping I'm all better and I'll be released.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me anything. I turned to this site for all my answers all they way through this whole thing. When I got into the fallopian trouble, I couldn't find any answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2008, 08:38 AM

One more thing, sorry. I feel really good today. I still get very tired in the evenings but I'm hoping that will improve once I can get back to the gym. I, like you, just want it to be over.

It worries me sometimes when I read these posts and run across one where someone was fine and then at 6 months started having problems.

I want it to be over and over for good. I want that feeling of "I'm so glad I did that but I wish I'd done it sooner". I'm not there yet.
Unread 02-29-2008, 08:48 AM

Questions, questions!! So a few weeks after the laproscopic you felt good - vaginal pain gone, etc. Not sure if you work but how long did they tell you you would be off or if you don't work, how long to expect recovery to take?
Unread 02-29-2008, 09:22 AM

I work, I'm a CPA. My surgeon told me a week. I returned to work full-time on February 4th. I had been working at home since my November 21st surgery. I had tried to come back to work part-time the week prior and I started bleeding again that night and felt terrible so my husband sent me back to bed and I stayed there for another week. February 1 was a real turning point for me. I have had no pain since then. My one ovary (only part I have left) aches from time to time but not bad at all.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I hope you see it soon.
Unread 02-29-2008, 06:16 PM

My doctor suspects that I have a fallopian tube in my cuff and he took a biopsy that really hurt. I've had 4 treatments of silver nitrate for granulation tissue and I have a discharge but it's only a small amount. My main symptom seems to be a feeling that something is down there...and I get sore if I have to walk for long or exercise too hard. It aches but not really painful. My doctor says he will take me to the OR for an outpatient cleaning of the granulation tissue. I'm still waiting to know the results of the biopsy. I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way before they knew they had fallopian tube in their cuff?
Unread 03-01-2008, 01:52 PM

I was just diagnosed with this same thing yesterday. Doc says he wants to try silver nitrate before jumping into surgery, so we'll see....

The only symptoms I had were some minor pain and a little spotting. But, I haven't had sex yet, so I don't know what it would feel like having something bump up against the area repeatedly. :wowee:
Unread 03-03-2008, 01:31 PM

Finding it hard to believe that this is so "rare" if this many of us are jumping on saying we have it!!! My worst symptom is when I sit - feels like a hot poker is "up there" - that and the swelling when it is at it's worst - the two seem to go together - the pain can be almost unbearable. Last (3rd) silver nitrate treatment 5 days ago and no relief - I'm so torn - the laproscopic "investigation" could be helpful but what if I go through being put out again etc and they say - everything looks good - it's not good darn it!
Unread 03-10-2008, 07:47 PM

Saw another gynecologist today and he thinks I have an area of stitches on my cuff....a hard area that doesn't appear to be granulation tissue to him. I told him I still have a discharge and he thinks that is from some granulation tissue held in a fold in the cuff...he treated it with silver nitrate again.
He says this is causing the painful intercourse...and should fix itself soon...but my surgery was Nov 8th! He didn' t have the results of the cuff biopsy but I think if they found tube in the cuff they would have notified him....I hope.
Also, I have a cystocele...reason I pee all the time...said I should wait until I feel "rug burn" before I do something about it....ie. surgery....I take it from that comment that this type of surgery isn't very successful. So I see my own gynecologist in 2 weeks. In the mean time..I still have pain and pressure...it will get better...!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register