4 weeks post hysterectomy: Infection? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post hysterectomy: Infection? 4 weeks post hysterectomy: Infection?

Unread 12-29-2014, 12:52 PM
4 weeks post hysterectomy: Infection?

So, I'm starting to become concerned about a possible infection. Tomorrow is my 4 week mark, and I do have a doc appointment at 9:00 in the morning for my follow-up.

What are the common signs? I'm not running a fever, but I have some increasing pain and discharge. The discharge has the same odor as it has, which has been stinky the whole time! I'm prone to BV, so that's possible. I'm feeling kind of cruddy today, but might just be because I have overdone it. The pain is not unbearable, but it's on the left side and it hurts when I bend over (not really if I am standing still or lying down - generally just with movement).

I'm mostly concerned because we leave for Cancun in 5 days!! My symptoms of pain only started yesterday (at least I think - everything else I have attributed to normal recovery symptoms. Saturday I felt feverish (but no actual fever), had really achy legs, and just felt yucky. I had shopped all day with my friend on Friday, so I just assumed I overdid it. Yesterday, I didn't feel THAT bad, but still not great, and the pain started. Today I just don't feel good, still have the pain, but it's not getting worse.

My wild and cabin-feverish boys are making me crazy today. The weather is yucky and we aren't going anywhere, but they are going to tear down the house! Lol They are even tired of video games and TV. Sigh. I need them to go back to school so I can rest up for the vacation!!

What are the chances that I have an infection at this point?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2014, 01:17 PM
Re: Infection?

If your prone to BV you can get an infection any time.
And really with things such as bladder infections as such, can sneak up on you any time too.
I personally would get checked out at a doctor before going on vacation.
Take care
Unread 12-29-2014, 02:19 PM

I'm headed there in the morning and I'm going to make her check everything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2014, 04:41 PM
4 weeks post hysterectomy: Infection?

Sounds like my day! I was feeling good 10 weeks post, but started having awful pain that was very localized. I am prone to BV also. Went to see doc today and she found a lot if granulation that I didn't have before AND a BV infection. Woohoo! Got a silver nitrate treatment in office and the cramping and pain started subsiding immediately. Doc said granulation can be very painful. So, yes it could be all those things and they are a pain to deal with but they can hook you up with antibiotics and send you to Cancun! Have fun!
Unread 12-29-2014, 06:20 PM

what is granulation?? How does the doc see it? I hope for some kind of answers or at least an antibiotic! I was feeling so good, but have been on a slow spiral down the past few days!
Unread 12-29-2014, 06:56 PM

I googled and it seems like that is from cervix removal? I think I still have mine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register