TVH 5 weeks post hysterectomy: Has anyone else totally lost interest in sex? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post hysterectomy: Has anyone else totally lost interest in sex? 5 weeks post hysterectomy: Has anyone else totally lost interest in sex?

Unread 04-09-2015, 07:46 PM
5 weeks post hysterectomy: Has anyone else totally lost interest in sex?

Hi. Me again.

I seem to have totally lost interest in sex. I love my husband and feel sorry for him. He has been wonderful though.
After my 3rd surgery which was a sacrospinous (?) fixation I was in pain all the time and very occasionally we had sex but it hurt a lot. He was very patient with me and we did other things that did not require penetration. This went on for 7 months until I had another surgery. However (and I realise it's only 5weeks since my TVH) i am not the slightest bit interested in anything to do with sex. I kiss (not passionately) and cuddle and rub his back etc to show I love him and he is not asking for anything but I am a bit concerned about my lack of libido

Has this happened to anyone else? I have read that having a hysterectomy can make you frisky and it's even in the HysterSister checkpoints and I just laugh when I read it. Thin I feel sad it's not happening to me.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Re: Has anyone else totally lost interest in sex?

It could be many things at play here....
You went through major surgery, it takes a while for your body to be ready for sex so maybe your brain is telling you that you are still healing a bit inside.
Your ovary or ovaries maybe still sleeping a bit.
Just be patient.
It could be in a couple weeks your body is ready and your hormones get kicked in and you won't have any worries in that department.
Remember its a major surgery so just be patient.
I didn't feel like sex till i was at 8 weeks and it felt great so definitely wait till you are ready.
Take great care
Unread 04-09-2015, 08:38 PM

Thank you for your reply.

I guess I am concerned because I read about lack of libido and decreased sexual pleasure caused by hysterectomy before hand and it was a major concern before surgery.

I will be patient and see how it goes. It's good to know you took 8 weeks but that it did come back. Thanks for the encouragement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2015, 08:43 PM

Well you have to remember on here, women post when they have issues so there are millions of women out there who have gone through this surgery and have no issues.
You are still healing.
I did not want to even be touched in any way till i was 8 weeks post op. i got the all clear at 6 weeks....
So just be patient, don't worry about something till its a real problem.
Just relax, when you are cleared for sex and you feel you are ready, everything will fall into place (scuze the pun)
Take great care
Unread 04-09-2015, 09:00 PM

pun excused

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register