Recovery after TVH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery after TVH? Recovery after TVH?

Unread 04-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Recovery after TVH?

I'm having a TVH on 5/8 and I've had prior surgery so we aren't sure if scar tissue will affect whether or not we'll have to go through the abdomen or not until the actual procedure. My question is, does the belly feel as bloated and need as much support after TVH as you do with the abdominal--or if anyone can give me an idea of what it's going to feel like afterward I'd appreciate it. I don't scare easy, so bring it on! I've already had two prior abdominal surgeries in that area (c-section and ovarian cyst removal) so I know what those feel like, I just didn't know what to expect with TVH.
My doc says a two week recovery period at home is generally indicated--anyone have problems with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Recovery after TVH?

I had a little swelly belly for the first couple days, maybe, but nothing extreme. I didn't need any special support or anything for the tummy.
Unread 04-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Recovery after TVH?

I didn't really have swelly belly right after surgery and I didn't have a need for any type of support. I did have some swelly belly around my 5th week post-op as I became more active. It was just slightly noticable at the end of the day when my jeans felt a little tighter. All in all, right after surgery I really didn't feel much different. Just tired.

The first couple of weeks post-op for me were primarily spent at home taking it easy. I wasn't confined to bed though. I walked around the house and yard. I also liked a change of scenery so I moved around the house a lot, mainly rotating from my bedroom to the family room.

I hope everything works out well for you!

s, Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Recovery after TVH?

I was wondering the same thing as I am having surgery on the 29th.

Thanks!
Unread 04-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Recovery after TVH?

I had a TVH on Jan 21. Looking back it wasn't too bad. I was very sore and had good days and then bad days. Hardly any spotting at all. My recovery would have been a lot better but I got a bladder infection from the catheter post op and ended up having to take two full rounds of antibiotics and then finally a shot to clear it up. Then I got the wonderful yeast infection from the antibiotics I think my worst week was my third week. At my six week appt my vaginal cuff was still not healing so I had to insert Amino Cerv Creme in the Va Jay Jay for two weeks so I wasn't released until I was 8 weeks post op. I'm feeling like a whole new person now. Yes I would do it again in a heartbeat! And even though your Dr says it will only take you two weeks remember everybody is different. My best friend had the same surgery and did jump right back and was only down for about two days. Then I came along and had complications so with any surgery complications are possible. Just be prepared in case. Good luck and your in my prayers. I'll be watching for you on the Post Op forum!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register