Scheduled TAH Upcoming hysterectomy 10/7: Removal of cervix concerns - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 10/7: Removal of cervix concerns Upcoming hysterectomy 10/7: Removal of cervix concerns

Unread 09-13-2015, 08:26 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 10/7: Removal of cervix concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodleHugz View Post
My surgery is this Wednesday, Sept 16. Dr is taking my cervix. I didn't give it much thought. My husband and I have been managing around the sex issue for a while. I've read about the vag becoming shorter and honestly I'm just glad to be getting rid of something that causes pain. Dr says no part of the vag is removed only the very top which is part of the uterus. It only seems shorter temporarily because it's healing. I'm ok with that. My husband says the most important thing is not to be in pain. It's difficult to be romantic when you are in pain.

Pain will definitely put strain on the romance. I'm so happy to have a husband who is understanding and caring about my pain and the inability to be as romantic as I would like to be. It sounds like you have a wonderful husband as well! I obviously need to educate myself on the workings of my lady business lol I seriously thought that they were going to cut out my cervix and there would be a noticeable difference in length. So happy to have that worry put to rest! Good luck with your upcoming surgery! I hope everything goes well and you have a quick recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2015, 08:28 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 10/7: Removal of cervix concerns

Hi I had the same question . after being diagnosed with adenomyosis and not wanting to deal with this took the drs advice and my lavh is scheduled for 9/28. I ask my dr this very question as intimacy isn't everything but a big part of relationships I also talked to several women my age that had hysterectomy as well and cervix was removed they all said they notice no difference in their sex life other than it's better cause there is no pain and feel so much better. Once healed they all said that male or female aspects of sex should b no different. Hope this helps. Best wishes!
Unread 09-24-2015, 02:19 PM
Re: Removal of cervix concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodleHugz View Post
My surgery is this Wednesday, Sept 16. Dr is taking my cervix.My husband says the most important thing is not to be in pain. It's difficult to be romantic when you are in pain.
I couldn't agree more! My cervix is being removed as well, as my doctor states that the pain with intercourse could be just as painful after the hysterectomy if I leave my cervix - so it's got to go! I'd rather have a pain free sex life an a painful one.

I hope you were able to find answers you were comfortable with!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register