Horrible back pain after surgery help please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Horrible back pain after surgery help please Horrible back pain after surgery help please

Unread 01-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Horrible back pain after surgery help please

I had aTAH/BSO on 1/4. I have slight numbness in upper left thigh now I have pain right in the center on my left cheek that is so bad i can't sleep sit or stand. I go today for removal of stitches.I will be having a talk with my doctor. If it wasnt for this I would like ok.I was up at 5 this morning in shower running hot water on it and still no relief.I had to take pain pills and i still hurts. Could they have caused nerve damage, I had a lot of old scarring and my surgery was 4 hours long.I have tried napoxsen thinking sicita but still no help.I will be addcited to pain pills if i need to keep taking.God knows what goes on while we are asleep.
Thanks
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2007, 07:57 AM

I went through the same thing, I had a TVH. But not only my left cheek and down the back of my leg. I spent about 3 days and night not sleeping, I couldn't stand, I couldn't sit, I couldn't lay or sleep. It was very miserable. But I used a heating pad, and this seemed to help and when I finally got really deperate I took two vicadan and I finally slept. After sleeping this seemed to help. I believe this was from the position that I was in during surgery. Let us know what you find out today at the doctor's, I would like to know.
I am sorry that you are going through this
Unread 01-16-2007, 09:12 AM

(((Linda)))
It does sound like sciatica. I hope your dr will give you some help with it. If you don't get help from him ask him to refer you to someone who can help you.
I have had this too, and found that icing where it hurts is best. If you can sit with that leg out and stretch it, that also helps.
I hope you feel better soon. Let us know what you find out from your dr.
's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2007, 08:25 PM

After going back to doctor today she said that back pain and numbess in upper thigh could be that sometimes fluid collects in surgery sight and puts pressure on nerves.it takes at least a few months for body to absorb fluid. To make sure that is all it is I now need to go for yet another admoninal cat scan to make sure i have no back problem.I did have a back problem before my surgery and laying a a table for 4 hours could have made it worst. She did say to use moist heat and gave me enough pain meds for another week.So it looks like I fixed one problem and may have created another.
Unread 01-16-2007, 10:49 PM

Hope that you have a good night tonight. Will be praying for you tonight. I think that is interesting. Know that don't help you. But I certainly hope that is all it is, and it will get better.
Back pain is no fun.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register