Clingfilm anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Clingfilm anyone? Clingfilm anyone?

Unread 03-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Clingfilm anyone?

Question - has anyone had a large clear plastic sticky strip across their incision and steri strips? I am slowly picking at mine and removing it bit by bit. It has left very sore patches on my stomach which are 'weeping'. Also, when do the steri- strips come off? I am 6 days post-op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Clingfilm anyone?

Hi Raven,
Sorry to hear you've had such a hard time. I'm only 4 days post-op, but I too have the clear cling patches over my incisions. My dr. told me to leave them for a week and then I could remove them. Apparently underneath those, there is another "layer" of protection in the form of a "liquid bandage" of sorts. He told me just to leave that alone & it would wear off on it's own in time. If it's time to remove your cling strips & you're having a hard time with them, you may want to try using a cotton ball with alcohol to rub around the edges as you go. They did that on some tape for me in the hospital & it seemed to help loosen everything up.
Hope this helps & hope you're feeling better soon.

Taffy, TLH 3/5, kept right ovary
Unread 03-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Clingfilm anyone?

If it is like the stretchy Opsite stuff, you just pull on the corner and stretch it out and it will come off without too much pulling. It is easier than just pulling it off like tape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Clingfilm anyone?

Please don't pick at it or remove it! It can be done at your Post -op. Yes I had it on me, and yes I am a Nurse as well. Please leave it alone! If you are concerned at all call your Local Doctor but with TAH you have a big incision and you mustn't risk it coming open. I had staples plus the clingrap, that stuff is breathable and is the best thing for keeping your wound dry and infection free. I left all of mine for 8 days, then had the film put back on after staple removal for a week or so.
Unread 03-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Clingfilm anyone?

Thanks ladies! The last of the film came off yesterday in the shower and I checked with my family Dr and he said that was ok. I also mentioned that my steri strips are coming off slowly and he said that was normal. Gee I wish I had had that info before!!!
Unread 03-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Clingfilm anyone?

I was stitched and glued (so I refer to myself as "coming unglued" at times, lol) The glue has peeled away by now, and the stitches pretty much dissolved. I don't think the glue is the same as what you're talking about though.
Unread 03-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Clingfilm anyone?

I had all that too. I was glad it was there as stitches and changing bandages had been a worry of mine. With the tape & film I didn't have to do anything. My doc told me to leave it alone & it would come off on its own, as it did.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register