Help Surgery in 12 days and counting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help Surgery in 12 days and counting Help Surgery in 12 days and counting

Unread 06-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Help Surgery in 12 days and counting

Can anyone give me postive outlook on tah binkin cut? I am getting so scared that I have become th biggest b**** to everyone around me I have even gone to the exterme with my dh, telling him that I want to cancel this.... but I really dont want that I am just a big ball of nerves!!! Waiting for my doc to call and hopefully give me something for my nerves. My poor dh and son feel like they are walking on egg shells!! I told my dh that he has to deal with this now and for good or deal with me being worse every month for the next 60 plus years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2006, 09:01 AM

Mine is the day before yours and I just want you to know you are not alone. The idea of an abdominal cuts scares me. I know a zillion women do it every day but **** if it isn't different when it's you! ((hugs)) I'll be looking for you afterwards to see how much better both of us feel eventually!

Denise
Unread 06-09-2006, 09:48 AM

Hello. The tah is intimidating pre op. It really is not that bad. It does keep you from doing things that an LAVH would afford, but you are suppose to be resting! If your can not do the LAVH perhaps you might seek out an gyn/onc. They are very skilled at laproscopic surgery.

My hubby took a week off work and then my mom helped out with the kids and such the following week. It worked out great. Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2006, 10:27 AM

My surgery is on the 19th and I am also having a TAH w/RSO. I am not able to have it laporscopy because no prolapse and 2 previous c-sections. DR says scar will be no bigger than it is now if not smaller. I don't even notice the one I have now so it should not be that bad. I will be thinking about you and looking forward to hearing how you are doind.
Unread 06-09-2006, 11:04 AM

moetou and jules30
My surgery is on the 20th and I am having the same thing done. I have also had 2 c sections. I know how the anxiety increases. i thought I had it all under control, but I am really coming unhinged this week. its not that i do not want to have it done, I am just very anxious, short tempered, weepy, moody, etc. etc. hang in there guys ....we will get through it, and hopefully be laughing about some of it at least, on the post op board!
Unread 06-09-2006, 11:25 AM

Thank you all for the replys. My doc can't do vaginal this is the second opioion, the second doc said the same due to no movement with my cervix or uterus (I am not sure which one it was,I was so emotional when I was told). I am 30 yrs old 120 lbs with one 8 yr old and I have never had a c section so scars scare me!! I wish this panic stuff would ease up but I know its only going to get worse (Panic) until I get into the hospital. Wish it was now and not 12 more days.
Unread 06-09-2006, 11:34 AM

well, as far as scars go, i did have 2 c sections and my scar is suprisingly barely noticeable. it is beneath my bikini line so you can't see it in a 2 piece, even a skimpy one. My doc said the TAH would go in essentially thru the same scar. I did get a little belly after the kids but a little yoga and some pilates and i was back in business. I can't speak to the TAH, I guess we'll both know in a few weeks,huh? good luck
Unread 06-09-2006, 01:05 PM

Thanks for the good input. Ihope that my doc does a great job and I will be able to wear my 2 piece again. Well hope all goes well for you talk to you when we get this emontional time. The Waiting Game!! I thought waiting to get married was nerve racking enough!! LOL Thanks Again

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register