Glycerine Suppositories anyone? - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Glycerine Suppositories anyone? Glycerine Suppositories anyone?

Unread 03-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Glycerine Suppositories anyone?

You may have needed this response a few hours ago, but my doc told me to use glycerine suppositories or MOM. Whichever I preferred. I was also given stool softners. 20 minutes of uncomfortable to relief with the suppository. Who knows when with the MOM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 08:04 PM

Hi,
My doc said I could use suppositories, colace, milk of magnesia. I found that taking about 3 colace a day did it for me.

TAH/BSO with lymph nodes
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:08 AM

I think one of the things that's important is once you heal, to wean off them. Your body can start to rely on them, and you will suffer in the long run. I had to use them at first, and now I'm using colace. I've been home almost a week now, and still too sore to go it alone, so to speak. I will gradually cut down from taking them twice a day, to once a day.. then every other day, and making sure to consume lots of fibre! But you guys are right, right now its only important to keep going. Just don't stay on them longer than you need, and weaning off them gradually when you feel able. Lots of water too!
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:12 AM

They are a god send. Am 7 weeks out and still on occasion have to use them. Milk of mag is good also, I use this most of the time but I ran out and used the other. I am not waiting, no way
Unread 03-27-2008, 02:07 PM

My doc didn't even tell me about the suppositories just the stool softeners. I have magnesium citrate for emergencies but then you REALLY want to stay near the bathroom.Another horrible but effective remedy is a 4 oz bottle of castor oil drink it and you'll go gently but you'll never get that horrible taste out of your mouth.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register