7 weeks post op, I NEED TO KNOW !! - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeks post op, I NEED TO KNOW !! 7 weeks post op, I NEED TO KNOW !!

Unread 01-12-2006, 06:40 PM
7 weeks post op, I NEED TO KNOW !!

I was feeling so good -- until today!! I went for a hair cut and highlight then met my sister-in-laws for lunch. Picked my son up from school and took him to his phys. therapy appt. (he had knee surgery two days after my surgery) and waited for him there. To top it all off I got an E-mail from my school ( I teach 6th grade) saying my sub. had a verbal encounter with a student and was asked to leave! I just am so tired now and I want to go to bed and cry. I go to the Dr. tomorrow for my 5 week post-op and now with the sub. deal no matter what she says I am going back to work next week. I guess I shouldn't have done so much today but if I can't handle this activity how am I going to handle work? Just needed to vent. I'll feel better tomorrow. I'm going to bed now before one of my DS asks why I'm crying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2006, 07:30 PM

geoD

My mom, a teacher, had surgery last year. She felt like she could/should go to work early, but as this was her 3rd surgery she knew better. What she did do was to go back and help the sub in her classroom. That was a hard thing for her to do, but six months later she is in a heavy exercize program.
If you don't take care of yourself now will you really be able to benefit your students better?

My mom is a second grade teacher, so for her it is more important than high school since she is always bending down.

She told me a story of a teacher who had surgery, and then after getting back she was hit with a football. Lets just say that she was not teaching for a while after that.

I would guess that it would be easier to teach high school.
Unread 01-12-2006, 08:41 PM

Hi ladies !!
8, almost 9 weels post op and feeling much better ! more energy now. YEAH
I still take time to rest and eat right, but Im so happy I feel good, finally !!!!!!!!! Thanks for all your replys,
I love you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2006, 08:44 PM

[quote=fhill70]. I am so bored!!!

That was the hardest part of my recovery. I rested anyway and prayed the time would fly by a little faster !! take it slow, heal good !!
Unread 01-12-2006, 08:46 PM

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So great for you! I am one day after so I hope to feel that soon too...eating right and resting is so important!
So great to hear that from you!
Unread 01-15-2006, 11:38 PM

Well its 11:30 pm and I'm raring to go... guess my down time is coming
Unread 01-16-2006, 07:18 AM

I am 6 wk post op tom. with a TAH<BBS AND BSO and i feel like i should be up and back to normal by now but i get tired easy. It is easy to look around and see every thing that needs to be done. I try to do what i can and the rest can wait.
Unread 01-16-2006, 09:12 AM

I am soooooooo glad everyone is in the same boat as i am. I am 6 1/2 weeks out and still get tired very easy but most of all still can't sit at the puter for a long time without Swelly belly attacking!!! Thanks to everyone for this site and all your insight and friendliness!!!
Unread 01-22-2006, 02:27 PM

Hey. I am going into week 8. I'm still spotting a bit, especially after a day at work. Wondered if this was normal. I get really tired too. At 6 weeks I was still bleeding and my doctor told me to come back in 2 weeks if it continued. Not doing as much, so may wait another week to see how it goes.
Unread 01-23-2006, 08:45 AM

Let us know what happens when you call Doc....
Praying all the bleeding stops!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register