Severe pain in the groin (crotch) area - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe pain in the groin (crotch) area Severe pain in the groin (crotch) area

Unread 09-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Severe pain in the groin (crotch) area

I definately hear you on the frustration. I'm still waiting for my doc to call me back about the pain, and his "telephone hours" are from 9 am - 3pm..guess I wont be hearing today.

But yeah..my vagina is very swollen ..the top mostly, but all over, and it is very sensitive to even the lightest touch. I as well have been resting...8 days post op and i just made my own lunch in the microwave today! LOL

I hope this all heals soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2007, 07:34 PM

Hi everyone, I have just joined up, what a brilliant site and so helpful. I am post op 2 1/2 weeks I have been searching for answers to help me with the burning pulling, very painful feeling I have in both sides of my groin area. I have had it from day one and am not getting any sleep, it is mainly happening when I lie down, hence no sleep. I went to my Gyno and he said it was nerves when they sew you up the Microscopic nerves can sometimes be caught when sewing. When I explained it was both sides he ordered a Ultrasound to rule out collections. So that happens they find something, but need to get a better measure so I needed an internal ultrasound as well (lovely experience 2 weeks post op I can tell you). I have a blood collection, nothing to worry about Gyno tells me and not related to the groin thing (back to sqaure one). It is starting to get me down a bit as I feel I am not moving forward in the recovery at all (not including that problem). I am really taking it easy as hard as it is for a 31 year old with two younger kids. I just wondered if any one else has worked out or got through this groin thing. I wondered how you got on Amanda, I hope things are looking up for you. I got told it will take months to rectify, not something I am looking forward too, regards Katherine p.s sorry for the long one!!!
Unread 10-06-2007, 07:54 PM

Hi Imaginemore

I totally agree with you. I love this site because it saved my sanity when I joined yesterday, HOWEVER if I'd had more info from medical sources pre op it would have saved me a lot of concerns, tears and trauma. I actually was under the impression that I was well informed beforehand!! Silly me My doctor has his own pamphlet on Hysterectomy & so did the hospital but it is only here that I find out that all my problems are 'normal'

Thanks Hystersisters & especially those that keep this site available- you are wonderful

Daisy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2007, 09:12 PM

I think if they told all the possible side effects, we'd all chicken out for sure! Despite it all, I'm SO glad I had my TAH.
Unread 10-06-2007, 09:58 PM

I think you are right, but maybe some more info in hospital AFTER the op ( so you don't chicken out!) would be good. I'm SO glad I had mine too (else my uterus & bladder would be down to my knees by now..hahha)
Daisy
Unread 10-07-2007, 06:36 AM

Hi everyone, I'm about 71/2 weeks post-op and still having pain in my vagina and sometimes swelling in the canal. I have now seen my doctor (surgeon) 2x and she thinks I have a torn muscle from whatever it is that holds you open during a vaginal hysterectomy. I saw her just this last week, the 5th, and she told me it could take 4 to 6 months more to heal. I have to take muscle relaxers around the clock and ibuprofen for swelling. One of the new worst parts is I'm now having pain in my gluts and sometimes leg from compensation when walking, I guess.

Anyway, I'm bummed but everything else seems to be healing well and certainly there could be worse complications so I'm trying to be positive. I just can't wait for a pain free day.

Thanks for your replys, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who is sore in an unexpected place. My doc has now told me it is not uncommon to have vaginal pain with an LAVH but what I'm experiencing is a complication, and of course not one she has ever encountered in her practice.

Bye. And have a the best possible day.
Unread 10-09-2007, 08:16 AM

well i am now 6 weeks post op tomorrow, and I'm happy to tell you that I have been pain free for roughly a week and a half now...just one day i got up, and it didnt hurt....
I too had a collection/pool of blood around the problem area that eventually reabsorbed as well, probably around the same time i stopped hurting. i too was told it would hurt for months, but nerves grow sooo fast (about a CM every 2 weeks), and if u take it easy to avoid further damaging them or damaging the new growth, i'm sure that it wont take that long. mine was jsut over a month (still doesn't sound too appealing lol) but it wasn't that long looking back. it made me take it easy in my recovery time so that i didnt do any damage which i'm sure i would have done otherwise...
Unread 10-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Thank You For Your Help!!!!

Hi Amanda F and other HysterSisters, How are you? Great to here Amanda there is a light at the end of the tunnel, lol. No seriously I am getting better now, the nerve thing has really eased, I have actually slept the last few nights which is the first time in weeks, that itself makes you feel 100% better. Also intersting about the collection. Dr got back to me and said it was not a problem, just didn't associate with the nerve thing like he thought it may had. But like you said they heal fast and they must have, have been really taking it easy for me.
Decided to carefully take out some well watered weeds yesterday with much care. Realise now just leave the buggers and watch them flower, lol. Great to receive an email now I am 3 weeks to tell me what to expect and explain how certain things I have been feeling, (and not to pull out weeds) spot on, thanks this is the perfect site, will be recommending it to anyone I know going through this.
Thanks Amanda and HYSTERSISTERS, kindest regards Kat
Unread 10-10-2007, 05:35 PM

Hi again Imaginemore, How are you going? Sorry to here that you are still in pain, especially at 7 1/2 weeks. I hope that you recover soon and are pain free. Thinking of you, Kat75
Unread 10-11-2007, 10:20 AM

Thanks for your good thoughts Kat. It is just going to take time apparently. I had a LAVH. The inscisions have healed very well and the pain in my lower abdomen is gone. My surgeon said a muscle was torn that inserts into the pelvic girdle. I can do things but if I walk too far, which means like around Target or just am on my feet too much period - all I can think about is my crotch. I'm working really hard on just accepting this and letting my body heal which as I've said before the doc says will take 4-6 months. I'm at least in a situation where work is currently not an issue for me. It is very hard for me to take it this easy but I need to do it apparently.

And for any hystersisters reading this prior to surgery please know my doc says this is a very unusual side effect. I'm a very petite person, 5'3" and 105lbs, my mom, a nurse, thinks they used the wrong size medical equipment to hold me open and that makes about as good as sense as any.

I'm still glad I've done this b/c I know eventually I'll be pain free.

Imaginemore

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register