Leaking urine | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leaking urine Leaking urine

Unread 03-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Leaking urine

I'm 3 wks post op from TAH and I've been leaking urine for just over a week now (I was ok the first week home). I've read some posts that have talked about this so I know I'm not the only one, but how long does this last? and should I go to the Drs to check it out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Leaking urine

Hmmmm... That does sound like something that you should at least give the drs office a call about.

I have not personally experienced that, and I am not sure that I have read anywhere that urine leakage is normal, although I can recollect a whole variety of other discharges being normal. What us women have to put up with, for cryin' out loud.

Let us know what you find out, and hopefully it will all resolve itself without any further treatment.
Unread 03-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Leaking urine

I am 6 weeks post op and I am still leaking urine. The doctor said it is because they are so close together and that sometimes the bladder has to be retrained. Just be patient, mine is actually starting to get a little better. I still wear a pad protector for now. But it is getting better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 07:49 PM
post op bleeding and discharges and smells

Hi all, I was very interested in all the posts on this topic. It proves to me againwho different we all are. I recall a thread(now completly lost to me), where someone wrote about all of the possible types and colours and smells dicharges. Is there a general time line. Could that be sent to me. I am five weeks tomorrow and I did not have a lot of bleeding (a few weeks), but I have some form of dicharge/leaking every day. I still wear protection. Any feed back on this would be grear.
thank you all so much.
Sheila
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Leaking urine

I decided to go to the dr last week to check it out as I was also getting pain on my right side.. They told me I have a bladder and kidney infection.. they gave me some antibiotics, and I've been taking them 4 days now and feel so much better, the leaking is also reduced to just small amount. The dr also had me do the tampon test just in case, thankfully it was clear, not orange. I also go for ultrasound today, my dr wants to make sure my kidneys are ok. I feel like I've been set back 2 wks in recovery process due to these infections but I feel every day will start to get better again now. Thanks for your posts on this.
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Leaking urine

Hi there.
I too am having the urine leakage. I just spoke with my dr's office and I will be going on Thursday for a few tests. I'm thinking I have an infection. It seemed to start just as I was finishing up a five day anti. for a UTI. Thinking it may not have been long enough. Only leaking a little bit during the day but peeing like mad all day and night. I feel the same way. One step forward and two back. This is just another hurdle that we have to get over and together we will. My dr suggested that I drink only water and cranberry juice until I see him on Thursday. NO soda or milk. Best of luck to you during your recovery.
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Leaking urine

I understand that infections are probably the culprit. Just thought I would mention this. When my doc sent me home from the hospital, he told me to start doing kegels every day to help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. So I am! keeping my fingers crossed.
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Leaking urine

Doc never said anything to me about the leaking...I didn't have any bladder repair work done...I've had massive leaks when laughing...lastnight I rolled over and leaked--didn't have any desire or need to urinate, though...also, when I'm done urinating, and stand up and take a few steps I have a little leakage...what is up with this!! I'm too young to wear depends, and I can't figure out how to keep myself dry and not smelly!! What else?!?!?!?!?
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Leaking urine

I have also had urine leakage since my TLH. When I mentioned it to my doctor at my 6 week post op visit, she said my blader was in good position, nothing abnormal on exam so do kegels every time I get in the car. For some reason, I can't do them when I drive (is that like chewing gum and trying to walk??), so I haven't been as faithful at doing them. Still have the leakage. I guess even though I do not need pads or tampons anymore, I still need liners!
bummer......

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register