Finding myself on the boards less and less | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finding myself on the boards less and less Finding myself on the boards less and less

Unread 03-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Finding myself on the boards less and less

It has dawned on me this morning that I have "outgrown" the hystersisters boards. I am 10 weeks out and pretty much recovered and so I find myself coming on here less and less. It is sad in a way because I really needed these boards for many months and enjoyed my time here very much.

I want to thank all of you for being here and I wish only the best for each and every one of you as you continue your recovery.

It has been an adventure but it is time to say good by.

Kay formerly known as Downyocean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 08:54 AM

It's great when members feel so well that they find they don't come here for support very much. We love to see our members reach that milestone. But why leave??? There are so many ladies who could benefit by your experience. Why not visit from time to time and "pass it on"? We'd love to keep you here a little longer.
Unread 03-25-2008, 09:05 AM

Hi Kay, I have to say many of your posts put a big smile on my face both pre and post op. Your a hoot! We all share your sentiment and are very grateful for the women here. I know that point will be coming along for me too soon also.

Fortuanatly we can give back to the ladies still on the otherside with our experiences any time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 10:13 AM

Kay:
I agree about moving on, but I still come here to see if anyone can profit from my advice... unfortunately it seems like lots of people recently with endometrial cancer so I still linger... Best wishes for you and do come back even if it is only occasionally.
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:23 AM

I know that one day I will move on as well. I hope to check back once in a while to see if there is anything I share that will help another. I am very loyal to support groups that have helped me and feel strongly about giving back. How alone would I have felt without my hystersisters.?....oh there I go crying (wonder if it is the hormones!!) Best of luck to you - go forth dear sister, conquer the world!!
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:24 AM

i hope you'll think about checking in and offering support to people who need it. some of the support you received came from women who had already had their surgery. i'm here too much but feel like women need to hear the good that can happen and just to offer my advice about things.
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:20 AM

Kay, I know what you mean about reaching the point where you feel like you've "outgrown" the board. I reached that point probably about a month ago with the postop board, where I felt like I just didn't fit in anymore and stopped checking it. In fact, this is probably one of the few times I've even checked back in a long time.

I haven't completely given up HysterSisters, however. Unfortunately, I have other issues now, so I spend my time on those boards. I'm still looking for answers and support. I guess I just feel like those boards are a better fit for me, sort of "misery loves company," but I watch as little by little, those women disappear too once their issues are resolved (not all). So, I think the other ladies are correct in saying that it probably is helpful for those of us who are well past the recovery period to stick around and offer advice and wisdom. I know how much I valued the kind words of "experienced" ladies prior to my hysterectomy, and I know how much I rely on the support and kind words of the "experienced" ladies on the other board now. .

I guess I'll start checking the postop board more often. I hope you will too. Take care, Kay, and I'm so glad that you are doing so well!
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressedupinblue
i'm here too much...
(((dressedupinblue))), as long as you're helping to complete the circle of women-helping-women, rest assured there's no such thing as "too much."

Many s to you,
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Please Don't Go!

Hello Kay:

Please don't go! Too many times, most of the information out there is about negative experiences, rather than the positive ones we all have at times. Even though you may have "outgrown" the website, there are so many other sisters who need to hear your experience, strength and hope. We need to know that life gets better and goes on after a hysterectomy. We need to hear about all the "normal" things you are able to successfully do now, and we need your comfort and reassurance when we are struggling.

Although I'm only 3-1/2 weeks post-op, I plan to continue to share. You never know when a sister desperately needs to hear what you have to say.

s,
Unread 03-25-2008, 12:14 PM

Sounds like a Hystersister reunion should be in order in the some years in the future!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register