Glycerine Suppositories anyone? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Glycerine Suppositories anyone? Glycerine Suppositories anyone?

Unread 03-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Glycerine Suppositories anyone?

Has anyone been told NOT to use gycerine suppositories for quick releif of a BM?

I need to go NOW not in three hours when the doc calls me back. I'm in a lot of pain right now and I've been trying for over an hour.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 12:47 PM

Gosh I remember using those with my son 14 years ago. Have your doc said anything about using fleet enemas?? Last week when I had my poop emergency she said to do that. Hope your doc calls back soon.
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:09 PM

Ask my husband's boss would say......"Mission Complete", well, sort of.

Holy Cow, (for lack of being able to use the other word, which really would be more appropriate).....I tried everything. I was finally at the poiint where I didn't care if I ripped out every stitch in my bottom this brick was not going to beat me! Ugh......

My doc sent me home with the red robin thing which has worked all along up until today. She also sent me home with two mineral oil Fleet enemas...I guess she suspect I might need these. I tried one. It didn't work. Finally, I turned to the old time remedy and went ahead and used the suppository. Less than 2 minutes.....and I swear to you I was giving birth all over again!!!!

So, now I'm going back on my mineral oil/Surfac cocktail. I've also just taken two Percocet.

Ladies.....don't ever take your poop for granted. You don't want it to be your enemy, ever!!!! LOL

HysterHugs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 01:10 PM

the gir I was in the hospital with had a suppository, as well as myself. They even sent us home with a fleet enema just in case! So, I would assume they are safe. The suppository worked for instant relief, since the colace can take up to 3 days. Not fun! When I got home, I just made sure I was eating a lot of fibre, drinking lots of water, and walking around a lot. I have been doing great in that dept. Hopefully you get relief, being constipated is bad enough, but constipated with abdominal stitches is awful.
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:12 PM

This is the very first time I've had trouble in this department. I thought I was past this stage. Guess not...
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:15 PM

I HATED THEM. They were way less effective than the MOM (Milk of Magnesia) (?spelling?) Blue bottle. Use sparingly!
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:15 PM

Oh Denise you crack me up. It is your sense of humor that keeps you sane through this ordeal you are going through. I am voting to crown you our HYSTERQUEEN!
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
Oh Denise you crack me up. It is your sense of humor that keeps you sane through this ordeal you are going through. I am voting to crown you our HYSTERQUEEN!
Ahhh....I appreciate that but I think HysterQueen is too special to be used on me. :::::: I'll settle for the "Queen of TMI"

This bored has really gotten me through the last couple of weeks. No one from work has called, emailed me, or anything. I don't really have any friends so this is it. Other than my family.....I'm kinda isolated around here. It's tough when you are a Navy family. Most of your friends are scattered all over the world. Thankfully, my kids have had many, many best friends over the years. It's real hard to develop relationships when you are up and moving every 4 years or so. When you finally do develop one......it's so painful to break away. So alot of Navy families are very careful about getting too close to anyone. We just kinda stick to the family. We travel in a pack I say. LOL We even made it so when my son went into the Navy himself that after boot camp he'd get orders back here so we'd still be togehter. LOL He'll go off on his own soon enough. He's feels blessed to be able to serve his country but still stay close to home for now. :-)

So most of my friends live in cyberspace.

Rambliing again.....what a differnce a good poop and two Percocet make! LOL
Unread 03-25-2008, 04:26 PM

I so know what you mean. Today ..day 12 is the first I heard from the ladies I work so close with at work. With the exception of my boss who is a sweetheart. I too have very little family or friends, DH's family is like mine. I immigrated 6 years ago and all my family is halfway around the world. I think this is why this board has been such an invaluable support for me. Plus where else would I be laughing my heinie off at every funny poop story!
Unread 03-25-2008, 07:16 PM

I have been using glycerine sups since I got home from the hospital. BMs still have too much pressure. I told my dr I was using them at my 6 wk post op visit, and all she said was that she was glad I was having regular bms. I guess it doesnt matter HOW it comes out, just that it DOES come out!
Lee-Anne

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register