dVH/RALH Scar treatments | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scar treatments Scar treatments

Unread 08-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Scar treatments

What are you all using on your incisions sites to prevent scarring? Or less scarring?
I'm 2 1/2 weeks post op so I think I can put stuff on t now. It was just the glue stuff over it now it's mostly came off. And I also heard no sun on the area for quite a while, anyone else heard this too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2015, 09:28 PM
Re: Scar treatments

Dr told me to use Bio Oil. She didn't say anything about sun expose, but I'm not donning a bikini any time soon!
Unread 08-16-2015, 09:45 PM

I was told to avoid sunlight as it can make scar worse and use silicone gel sheetings which you can get at CVS. It's kind of pricey, but is supposed to help. That's what my dermatologist told me about scars in general. However, you might ask your gyn when it's safe to use it. I think it's safe once it has fully healed and no scab left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2015, 11:27 PM

I agree with Confused1114. I have used the silicone scar sheets for many years. They do help me the most. I tried Mederma and other oils and creams, but none worked as well for me as the sheets, and I tend to get those nasty raised scars. I have the abdominal incisions from hysterectomy. The right one is almost invisible, just a light pink line, the one in my navel is rock hard and uncomfortable. I couldn't put anything on it. The one on the left is a little raised, but it was where my doc spent the most time. However, it went from angry purple to faint pink with the silicone sheets. One good thing about the sheets is they are reusable and can be cut into different shaped pieces. Do ask your doc when to start using them.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register