new here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-07-2002, 02:39 PM
new here

hi
i suffer with endometriosis and after countless hospital visits and addmission my gyne DR has now siad that its time for a hyst i am blessed to have 3 wonderful children but can not go through the pain and misery that i am suffering at the moment . i would be grateful for any advice you can give me as i am so scared its so final. wishing you all well
Nuala ( london uk)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2002, 03:14 PM
Hi Nuala and welcome

Sweetie the best thing for you to do is read and read some more. Reading lots of different post on this wonderful site is the best way to come across the advice you need to help you make it through this hard period of time. Waiting is always the hardest part of having surgery. You didn't say how old you are but that really doesn't make any difference when you need surgery. Just keep thinking about how wonderful you will feel when you don't have all the pain any more. God bless.

Unread 09-07-2002, 04:47 PM
hi

Hi, Nuala,

I think that the decision for a hysterectomy is a personal one and you must be ready mentally to do it. I agree that you should read as much as you can here and gain some insight from the posts with endo and what their lives are like after surgery. Endo was not my problem, so I cannot fully understand the pain that goes with it, but I do know that lots of ladies have suffered many long years and after their surgeries they wondered why they didn't do it earlier. It is an end to our child bearing years, but the way I personally look at it is that it is a door opening to a new life.
I have no regrets and am nearing the 4 month post mark.

Good Luck and continue to read and post,

Lynn/Cappy in Chat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2002, 05:33 PM
new here

Hiya Nuala,
{{{hugs to you hun}}}. I too had a hyst because of endometriosis. I felt the same way as you do. I just wanted the pain to be gone. I know that it is a hard decision and one in which you cannot go back when its done. Just keep thinking about how good you will feel when the pain is over with. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. If you want to chat anytime, I'm always in chat as bubbles9667 or HSChatCandida and my e-mail is aways open. Hope this helps hun. Take care and pain free wishes always.

Candida
Unread 09-07-2002, 06:10 PM
new here

Hi Nuala,
I understand completely what you are going thru. I was diagnoised a year ago. Sept 10, 2001.
I have been on different birth control pills, lupron. It worked for a little while. Because of a insurance change, I couldn't continue on the Lupron.
My Doc suggested hysterectomy too. I have had daily cramps since July 1. I didn't think or imagine that these little spots could cause since misery. The pain is hellish, indiscrible. what ever you want to call it.
I will see my doc on the 17th. I have made the chose to have this taken care of. My probelm is that I have to wait until the 1st of the year to get leave and disability. It will be hard.
This is the best place to go for all your questions. You won't feel so alone. The girls here are awesome and they have an answer for everything.
There are many books to help you figure this awful thing out.
I feel your pain sister! I hope that you will make the right choice for a happy pain free future. You are blessed, you had children.
I have none and wish I did. But they are in my life.
God bless you and remember you are not alone!
Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register