No Hormones ?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No Hormones ?? No Hormones ??

Unread 03-29-2006, 06:55 AM
No Hormones ??

I am having a TAH tomorrow was in for my preop yesterday and talked to Dr. about hormones. He said I should try not taking them to see how I do (if he does take my one remaining ovary. I have mixed feelings about this. Any thoughts. LLH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2006, 07:06 AM
No Hormones ??

What is your age LLH? I think maybe it depends on your age, but I am not sure. I am opting & my dr. wants me to take the hormones. I am going to try the patch. He will put that on me right after my surgery.
Unread 03-29-2006, 07:13 AM
No Hormones ??

I will be 50 in a couple of months. My doctor said I may have to take hormones, but we will see how I do first without them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2006, 07:13 AM
No Hormones ??

Maybe he wants to see if your "possibly" remaining ovary will be able to supply enough. I had both removed, because of an ovary being attached to wall of abdomen and the other one I had pains in quite often. I opted at the last minute to have the right ovary removed regardless. She told me after surgery that she didnt notice anything major with it, but took it because I requested. Pathology report came back and stated there were cysts in it. Not too mention I had a lot of endo. I hear that endo feeds on ovaries, so I was sorta relieved I had made the decision I made.
I was put on highest dose of premarin the first day post op. Which sorta suprised me considering I had endo. I read a lot of women are made to wait. In case of endo is left in there it can feed off the hormone. She told me that because I was 35 she wanted me on something immediately.
Good luck and prayers are with you!
Unread 03-29-2006, 07:20 AM
No Hormones ??

I am 39 today but next week will be *40*. My one remaining ovary has a large 6cm cyst. And I had one removed from it last Nov. I think it is going to have to go. I am leaning toward hormones. I think that just seem so drastic to go cold turkey and major op too. LLH
Unread 03-29-2006, 07:32 AM
No Hormones ??

I decided at the onset of menapause to try without prescription drugs. I can honestly say it hasn't been too bad. Even since my surgery the symptoms haven't gotten any worse. I always recommend Susan Weed's book "The Menapausal Years" because it talks about the symptoms and what to do about them (from herbs, up to and including prescription drugs).
Unread 03-29-2006, 08:48 AM
No Hormones ??

My doc has suggested we wait and see how I do after surgery, and I agree with him. Some people don't have a big deal of it. What would be the point of taking a load of hormones you really don't need to be taking? This way he can see how my body reacts and give me the most suitable medication for my symptoms, if I have any at all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register