I can't believe this! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I can't believe this! I can't believe this!

Unread 10-29-2000, 01:33 PM
I can't believe this!

Surgery is on for November 3, and I think I'm getting a cold. Just started sniffling Throat feels a little funny too! Do you think they will do the surgery anyway?
I'm scared but I just want to get this over with!!
sonyiachappelle@hotmail.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2000, 02:03 PM
I can't believe this!

I got a cold one day pre op. They had the Dr. check me in the OR. They would have still done the surgery but if I would have had chest congestion, they would have used an epidural instead of general anesthesia.
Call your family dr. tomorrow, explain that you are going for surgery at the end of the week and see if they maybe want to see you or prescribe something.
Alot of us end up sick before we go in for surgery. I believe it's because the stress we are going through runs us and our bodies down.
Unread 10-29-2000, 04:22 PM
me too

My daughter came down with a cold a week before I was scheduled. I ran her to the doctors, panicked for me not her! They gave her antibiotics. I had a sore throat the two days before. They told me at preop if my chest was congested, it would be a problem. It wasn't. I think the morphine I took, or the relief it was over, cured the throat. I agree with Kat, stress does seem to be a factor. Hang in there. The wait is the worst! Hugs and prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2000, 04:52 PM
sonyia-me too

Sonyia,
I have been whining on this board about coming down with a cold before surgery Nov 1st. I have been having symptoms for 10 days now, went to Dr and got antibiotics, and have been living on Tavist D, and worrying each day it would not get better, and not sleeping. So I can really feel for you. Hang in there, call the Dr and see what they suggest, and try to rest as much as you can. All the stress wears you down, believe me, I know--I haven't even had the sniffles all year but get sick 13 days before surgery.
As all the lovely ladies here keep telling me, take care of yourself and try not to worry too much. Best of luck to you.
Unread 10-29-2000, 06:20 PM
I can't believe this!

This is so wild! I've been having sniffles and sneezing for a week now, along with a mild sore throat that lasted only a day. I thought it might be my allergies, but now I know it just might be my mind playing tricks on me. A few people at work have been sick with some sort of flu that's going around, further enhancing my already amusing nickname of "The Hermit"! I don't usually come out of my office unless I have to get a cup of coffee or send a fax, so my co-workers started to call me that. Now I'm trying to avoid any human contact whatsoever! I flat REFUSE to get sick, because I REFUSE to have to endure this wait any longer than I absolutely HAVE to.

*HUGS* to you Sonyia! I haven't forgotten about you! Aren't you glad that we can actually see the date coming?

I've been taking echinacea and Vitamin C and zinc tablets to boost my immune system. Don't know if that will ward any germs or viruses off, but at least I'm doing something that puts my mind at ease.
Unread 10-29-2000, 07:46 PM
I can't believe this!

I was orginally scheduled for surgery on September 29. Of all the times for my dh, who never gets sick, to get sick, he picked the week before my surgery. I took him to the doctor and she said upper respitory, and commented on how terrible I looked. Checked me out and low and behold, guess who was also sick? Yep, yours truly... She explained to me that around here, doctors will not do a surgery if you are running a fever and/or have chest congestion, so I was postponed and did not have my surgery till October 19. It was horrible waiting, but I did feel better emotionally knowing that I was not sick and was going in in the best of health, well, the best that I could be under the circumstances.

Chin up and hope for the best, but if in doubt, visit your doctor. BTW, you might run a slight fever after your surgery, I know that I did while still in the hospital, guess that might be common, nothing to worry about.

Best of luck to you all..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register