4 weeks post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post hysterectomy 4 weeks post hysterectomy

Unread 07-06-2012, 09:40 PM
4 weeks post hysterectomy

hi there my name is yvette i had a hysterestomy 4 weeks ago on the 4th june and i still feel yuck dizzy,nausea,and constant on and off loose stools tired and sometimes anxious is this all normal i also get hot and cold chills but the hot flushes are terrible there was complications in my surgery my bladder tore from having been adhered to my uterus when they tried to separate it and i also had 2 blood transfusions and had a catheter in for 2 weeks i still have urgency going to the toilet and find i cant hold my bladder all that good is this all normal or am i getting uptight over nothing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Re: 4 weeks post hysterectomy

Hi Yvette -

I think you should call your doctor. It sounds like your surgery was complicated. While things are probably fine, I think this is a better safe than sorry type situation.

You might well be within the "normal" range for a surgery as complex as yours, but you could also have a bladder infection.

Good luck to you and I hope you feel much better soon!

HMM
Unread 07-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Re: 4 weeks post hysterectomy

Hi Yvette,
Are you from QLD? I'm 11 wks out of LAVH and doing ok. more and more each day. still need really big rest's. all of a sudden you know you have to sit down or go and lie down. I'm a fitness instructor and it eerie that you feel so flat so quickly.

Now, you have had massive surgery. (my sister had her uterus attached to her bowel, had to have skin graphs etc. beginning of the year. it took weeks of gentle recovery. She still has the odd afternoon nap). hot and cold chills is a bit like fever, could have infection. get it checked, don't leave it. hot flushes are hormones going what the hell have you done to me. I'm on estrogen for that.

Ring you Gyny, if in doubt. They are still responsible for your recovery.

I had a infection in my belly button, a week out of surgery, weepy etc, I rang her office talked to her nurses, they got onto the Dr and faxed script for antibiotics to my chemist, easy.

I probably rang her about four time's in the first 4 weeks. They can decide if they can talk it through or you need to see them or local Dr of go to Hospital. That's there job. It eases your mind, just to have them say it Normal, Rest.

I had reasonable straight forward surgery, but until you start being able to move around a little your bowels will take time to settle. keep on the benifibre etc. lots of water. I know we want to be better and be better yesterday. Not that easy.

I keep thinking how much time and experience and effort it took for the surgeon to do her job and i don't want to blow all that hard work.
Take care Yvette
Michelle :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register