She came...but for the last time!!! YEAH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

She came...but for the last time!!! YEAH She came...but for the last time!!! YEAH

Unread 04-21-2002, 04:38 PM
She came...but for the last time!!! YEAH

Well, with the irregularity I've had for the last year I thought for sure that my so called "friend" would wait until the day of my surgery to visit but no she came today and hit me hard. The cramps have been unbearable and I have read it's not a good idea to take advil or anything like that. My cramps laugh at tylenol and I have pain pills to take that were prescribed but I have so much to do before surgery that I didn't want to take them before bed because the knock me out.

My DH said think about it being my last one and that may make it better. He's right. I'm sure not going to miss this part of it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2002, 04:50 PM

JPfree00,
Hi, sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I just got over my period but I am still having cramps. My Dr. said I can have ib pro. up until a week before my surgery.So, that gives me a couple more days. Check with your Dr. and see if you can take it for a couple days yet. I guess it all depends on the Dr. though.
I am just trying to keep in mind that it will soon be coming to an end.
Hang in there! Many 's
Lori
Unread 04-21-2002, 05:17 PM

Like you I thought I would not be visited again by that dreaded monster; but it came anyway . Along with it was terrible cramping. I called the nurse to see if they would still be able to do the surgery while I was on and that I was taking Motrin for the pain and she said yes they would still be able to do the surgery but to stop the Motrin because it thins your blood and causes you to bleed more. I stopped and switched to Tylenol. When I had my preop I told the doctor I was taking Motrin for pain and it didn't seem to worry him as much as the nurse. I was taking it four days prior to my surgery which is scheduled for Tuesday 4/23.

Unread 04-21-2002, 05:40 PM

Gee, I wish I had an answer for you. I can't survive without motrin. It's in my car, my purses, my briefcase, my desk etc.

I did read the other day that one of the sisters used a heating pad and felt some relief. Walk if you can . That is all I can think of...oh and it seems to help if you eat light and no gassy foods like brocholli, beans, onions, oj, etc.

Best of luck with these very last cramps and your surgery.

Let us know how you do.

Maralyn
Unread 04-21-2002, 06:00 PM

s to you for the pain! I'm sorry you are going through that!

I had my period, my last period when I went into surgery. I came out free! I was so happy that I could throw away those panties and give my tampons and pads away. Don't worry, if you have your period when you go to the castle, they have seen it all there, just let them know and it will be okay!

Sara
Unread 04-21-2002, 07:41 PM

Woohoo! Your last one :-).

When I had my last one two weeks ago, I said to hubby : "Well, I am just starting the last period of my life!".

It is usually something we can all do without and none of us misses the unbearable cramps (eek!).

Take Care,
Unread 04-21-2002, 08:23 PM
Me Too!

Hi Pam,

I just started my very last (hopefully) period too. After the horrible ones I've been having the last few months, I have dreaded this one all month. I just now started feeling halfway back to normal after being severely anemic from all of the excessive bleeding.

My surgery is on May 23. I take ten day cycles of Provera to regulate my periods. Technically, I should have one last period starting on May 21, but I'm going to see if I can cheat a little and put off taking the Provera for a couple of days. I don't know if I can manipulate the cycle and put it off until my surgery, but I'm sure going to try! (I don't want to be on my period when I go to the castle either!!!)

I feel like I should have some sort of celebration when this one has ended. Like a ritual tampon buring or something. (I think the tampon angel craft suggestion in the HysterSisters book was cute, but everytime I'd look at them hanging on the Christmas tree, I'd probably crack up!)

Anyway, best wishes on your trip to the castle next week.

Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register