Surgery tomorrow (June 8th) and Im completely terrified! :( - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tomorrow (June 8th) and Im completely terrified! :( Surgery tomorrow (June 8th) and Im completely terrified! :(

Unread 06-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Re: Surgery tomorrow and Im completely terrified! :(

I would like to thank everyone for there supoort, Monday is the big day and I am positive all will go well. Thanks and God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2010, 10:27 AM

Take a deep breath and try to keep yourself busy - cleaning always helps. I'm scheduled for July 2nd and I'm getting nervous now.

Wishing you a very speedy recovery!
Unread 06-11-2010, 10:31 AM

Stay on this site it will help alot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2010, 02:22 PM

Hey there~
I was the same way last week..couldn't eat...just a regular mess. However here I am post op and just got my staples removed today. You will do fine...just remember that the people in the Hospital are there to take care of you....do not be a marter. Take the drugs....take walks as soon as you can.
The worst part about it was and is just the usual incision pain here and there.
See you on the other side...remember you can now spend all that period supply monies on shoes!!!!
Unread 06-11-2010, 06:26 PM

I don't know if this will help or not:
For me, personally, THE worst part was the bowel prep. The actual surgery was a piece of cake compared to the bowel prep.

Good luck.
Unread 06-11-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbright View Post
Hey there~
I was the same way last week..couldn't eat...just a regular mess. However here I am post op and just got my staples removed today. You will do fine...just remember that the people in the Hospital are there to take care of you....do not be a marter. Take the drugs....take walks as soon as you can.
The worst part about it was and is just the usual incision pain here and there.
See you on the other side...remember you can now spend all that period supply monies on shoes!!!!
Love the excuse for new shoes!!!! Woo hoo here I come shoe shops!!
Unread 06-11-2010, 09:42 PM

i was terrified too pre op. all i can say is there's no way to get to the other side but to move through it. personally i thought all the waiting and worring was worse than the reality. i didn't have much pain and it didn't last long. it's tuff getting around for a while because of all the stitches, so the worst of it has been the bordum. i'll be praying for you to have a textbook procedure and speedy recovery. hang in there. and we are all here for you!!!!
Unread 06-12-2010, 01:00 PM

My surgery is Monday and I'm calm right now thanks in large part to this site and all my sisters. Just trying to enjoy the weekend and not let bad thoughts creep into my head.
Unread 06-12-2010, 06:30 PM

Hello,
Prayers really help and knowing that Gods Angels will be taking care of you is calming.That is what i did before the op.They gave me dormicum before the op and i visualised positive thoughts.After surgery i was fine.i only had porridge and drank cranberry juice after a day of surgery.The cranberry helped with the burning sensation you get once the tube is out.Take care and rest.
Good Luck
Unread 06-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Surgery tomorrow (June 8th) and Im completely terrified! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided2010 View Post
I would like to thank everyone for there supoort, Monday is the big day and I am positive all will go well. Thanks and God Bless!
God Bless you! I am sure everything will be fine. Had my survey Thursday, a little sore but am fine. I was undecided up until the day before, but I am really glad that I did it.... I feel so much better! Good luck with everything.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register