Scheduled TVH doctors orders? - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

doctors orders? doctors orders?

Unread 07-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Re: doctors orders?

miracle,
I'm so glad your surgery is over and you are doing so well. Get plenty of rest, walk some, drink plenty of water and just take it easy. This is your time to be taken care of. You only have one chance to heal properly.

Take care and remember to

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2012, 09:05 AM

I am glad your surgery went well!

As for your doctor's restrictions, I think that you would be well-served to restrict yourself on activity. Just because one doctor says you can keep up with whatever is normal for you doesn't mean you should. Common sense needs to override a bad suggestion, IMHO.

I had something very similar happen after my surgery. I was having a very hard time in my early recovery. I had a hip-to-hip incision and I was in a good deal of pain. A week out from surgery, I was down to two Vicodin and had no refill. I went to see one of the surgeons to have another staple put in, and I was really suffering. I told him I was down to two pain pills, and he didn't look concerned at all. He said, "Go ahead and take TWO ibuprofen." ACK! And this was a well-respected surgeon at the Mayo Clinic.

The following day, I went to see my GP to have one of my surgical drains removed. She took one look at me shuffling down the hall and said, "What are you taking for pain?" I told her what had happened the day before, and she took her prescription pad and wrote a prescription on the spot.

Now, this does not mean my other doctor was a bad doctor, or even wrong. But it does mean that if you don't agree with one doctor, it's OK to ask another....

At any rate, it sounds like you already know that you should be more conservative and self-restrict your lifting and other activities. Good for you!
Unread 07-21-2012, 07:23 PM

My doctor wrote me for all the vicodin that I wanted.
I just didn't need it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2012, 07:24 PM

My doc was really good about my pain meds too, and boy did I need them! I love him! he retired last month.
Unread 07-24-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcarnations View Post
The robot isnt doing your surgery, the doctor is using the robot to perform the surgery. From the information from other women on this site who have had the daVinci -- the robot surgery you are talking about -- they didn't go back to work after 3 days.
I would cancel my surgery and get another doctor . My doctor said I could not return to work for 6 weeks . I had Dhv surgery . this doctor sounds messed up ... I also perfer women doctors over men, they have same junk and problems men have no clue how we feel are what we go thru .... just what text book says. Def would find another doctor .
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:46 AM

I did have another doctor do my surgery it was this past Thursday I did have to beg her to do it because she's a hippy doctor she don't believe in medicine or anything like that but she delivered my baby and is very sweet and she has me wrote off for 8 weeks and that's wonderful I felt like a new person after my surgery so I thought I could do more then I thought but now I feel like my rectum is falling out I have so much pressure so I'm going to settle down a few days and hope that works thank you for replying

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register