Hyst a week away and anxious | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hyst a week away and anxious Hyst a week away and anxious

Unread 11-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Hyst a week away and anxious

Surgery is a week away and i want to go ahead and make my bag up and have it ready early. I am ready for this to be done. When i think about how far away it is i get really anxious and knowing that this next week will go by to slow for me to handle.

How do you all handle the final week?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2008, 12:31 PM

Hi daisy,

I handled the final week with a purse full of sticky notes and to-do lists! I marked the kids' activities on the calendar, stocked the deep freeze with food, tidied things up at work, organized closets, cleaned like a fiend etc....

I was exhausted by the time I had my surgery, which I wouldn't recommend, but my house sure was tidy!!

Good luck
Sandra
Unread 11-01-2008, 12:34 PM

Hi Daisysara

I work in a really stressful job so I actually took the last week off work.

I had a couple of days away with DH and then started to prepare the house. It was cleaned within an inch of its life and all the cupboards fully stocked. I made sure that all paperwork was in order and all the bills paid or set up online ready.

I pampered myself with long baths, waxing and meals out and got together the books I wanted to read during recovery.

Basically it was anything I could think of to keep busy and by the end of the week (my surgery was a saturday) I was in a calm place and ready.

Hope this helps!

Katy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2008, 03:14 PM

I have plans on how i want to have everything ready for surgery i am jsut worried that they will not get done lol. Clean house is number one
Unread 11-01-2008, 03:24 PM

I am a little over a week away, Trying to get house clean and food in freezer and cabinets. Husband and son want to wait till next weekend to do all this and I just don't think it will all get done if we wait that long. So being mom I am going to go ahead and start without them. Tomorrow is clean house and shampoo carpet day. Will work on the stocking freezer and cabinet during the week. It should keep me plenty busy.
Unread 11-01-2008, 06:18 PM

Hi DaisySara ..

Good luck with surgury next week!!!!! Maybe we will be on the same postop board. I have 1 week and 3 days to go.

Today I went out shopping and bought 3 pairs of loose PC's the kind with the draw string pants, 3 long loose night gowns, new comfy bathrobe, furry cushioned slippers a celtic flutes relaxation tape my stuff for bowel prep and a pair of comfortable flat shoes that do not have to be tied and some gasX. It was kind of depressing buying the shoes. Outside of my sneakers all my shoes are heels. I was at Macy's and DSW and they had all these REALLY cool new high heal boots that I wanted to buy but I was good and got the flats.

After that I came home and worked on my front yard, cut down some dying summer plants, raked and bagged about 15 bags of leaves .. nice hot shower and now Im relaxing.

I plan to do the food shopping and cleaning next week. I clean all the time so there isn't alot but I plan to do extra before going in.

Bills scheduled to be paid online for the month of November - figured I might forget or make mistakes when on the pain meds. Ordered 13 books from half.com.

Am I forgetting anything?
Unread 11-01-2008, 06:23 PM

:-) just noticed your surgury is 1 day before your birthday. My little sisters birthday is the same as yours. Well this is probably the first birthday you celebrate with morphine and hospital food :-). I hope it is as good a day and it can be. Consider this an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish!!!
Unread 11-01-2008, 09:05 PM

QAmanager, Thank you. It will defenintly be first b-day with morphine and hospital food and really not looking forward to that but need the surgery
Unread 11-02-2008, 02:39 AM

Aaaaw, not quite how I would want to spend a birthday either :-(

But I am sure that in the long run you will feel so much better.

Wishing you a pain free birthday :-)

Katy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register