Scheduled for a TAH on Oct. 6th...UGGGHHH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scheduled for a TAH on Oct. 6th...UGGGHHH Scheduled for a TAH on Oct. 6th...UGGGHHH

Unread 09-25-2003, 09:17 AM
Scheduled for a TAH on Oct. 6th...UGGGHHH

You know, i have been on this board for a few months now and I have sat and watched people go crazy because of having to wait for their surgeries. Well, i just went to the dr. yesterday to have staples removed from my Laparoscopy and was informed that he has scheduled my TAH for Oct. 6th!! Thinking to myself, why so soon! I don't have any time to prepare!!

I have been waiting and hoping that this day would come, and now when it comes this close....i don't know what to do. I don't have time to prepair, or talk to my children to prepare them...and...have their concerns answered with the many questions i know they will have. My house is a mess because I have been from one surgery to the next and wasn't able to do as much as i usually would.

I only have one week left at work in which it won't leave me enough time to get things in order for who-ever will be taking on this ungodly position..(sorry, mad at boss right now, LOL). Boss wants me to find someone to fill in for me while i am gone, he says...this way..they won't feel bad when they need to call you at home!

I need some relaxing remedies!! QUICK!!

Thanks,

Trisha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2003, 09:44 AM

oh dear...you are in the phase most of us went through. No matter how organized or prepared, you still don't feel prepared as there is so much to address. But, how about setting some priorities? Your family, yourself, what will make you feel most like 'ok I am ready now'? You cannot do it all, ha, if you are like me anyway, I being a perfectionist did my best to have every little detail in place. In the process though you can make yourself and maybe your family a little crazy. By the way, being emotional at this time is quite normal so don't let that throw you. You did not mention the ages of your children but since you are just coming off of one surgery, it might not be so hard to ready them for the next. Just let them know it will take you longer to get over this next one. Above all, be good to yourself so you can go into this a more healthy, easier to heal princess. Hire some outside help for the mundane cleaning and devote your energy to getting your family and their care in order, which I know will go a long way to making you feel better. Personally, I would say do what you can for your job during the work hours but hey once you go home don't worry about that stuff. Your health is more important.
And in a way it is better to not have a long waiting time for surgery...it just gives you more time to get bonkers over it all.

As for relaxing remedies....some deep slow breathing is a good start. A nice little glass of wine. Some peaceful classical music in the background. Go to a health food store and get a bottle of Bach Flowers Rescue Remedy drops. You can add them to a glass of water or juice or take 'em straight..they are useful in stressful situations. I would say a nice hot soaky bath but I can almost hear you say oh no I do not have time for that!! Try to keep your sense of humor...it really helps you get through this. I am grateful that my hubby and I were able to find things to laugh about when I was going through my pre op panic mode. Once I got so uncharactoristicly mad at him I told him I just wanted to kick his butt. It became a big joke and he would frequently turn his backside to me for a kick which he never actually did get. It would just make me bust out laughing and diffuse the whole situation. Now he brags about since my surgery I never once have threatened to kick his butt, now that I am on that good hormone patch. Anyway, an attempt to lighten things up can be useful too.

I wish you much luck with it all. It does get better on the other side of the castle visit. Let us know how it goes and come here to vent as needed. Hugs and blessings, Shawn
Unread 09-25-2003, 09:49 AM

Is there a reason why it has to be Oct. 6? If your surgery isn't an emergency, I would ask to schedule it to a date more convenient for you.

Also , I don't think it's your responsibility to find a replacement at work- that's your boss's job. If this is a company large enough for a human resources department I would speak to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2003, 09:58 AM

Wow Trisha

In some ways, having the surgery so quickly is almost a blessing. No time for too many major Hyster Twisters...and how nice to get it all over and done with before you have to start worrying about the holidays. Just take a deep breath and make a list of priorities...what HAS to be done...and what can wait....and I mean that for your loved ones at home. As for work, well, and they will have to muddle through without you. That means without bothering you during recovery. Your health comes first. They will have to handle things as best they can. I'd just leave a list of instructions that includes the note that you are not to be bothered at home during recovery, unless maybe they can email you?

Best wishes for an uneventful castle visit. Shawn is right...it IS better over here...and I'm only 3 wks post op.

s
Cat
Unread 09-25-2003, 12:05 PM
hey we are on the same day

take a deep breath and sit down and make a list of priorities,
what needs to be done first and most important. get all of this done the next few days and then worry about work lol. I work for my families business and I have a lot of different tasks that I do and i can promise you that i will get calls too. I will keep you in my thoughts i go for my pre-op on the first. I am new to this site by a couple of days so I cannot give you a lot of advise. When I was 16 I had a lap done and a dnc because of scar tissue, now i have and enlarged uterus and a cyst. I am the one that chose the hysterectomy the doctor wanted to do other stuff and i said no.
i can't have kids anymore tubes are tied I sort of blame that on all of my recent problems but anyway i am getting a total and i am ready. Tell your boss that you need his support and that you will do your best but that is all you can offer. You have to think of yourself and the day before go and do something fun. I will keep you in my thoughts it helps to know that there is someone else going through the same stuff on the same day. bye
Unread 09-26-2003, 11:51 AM
Reason for Dr. moving so quickly

When i went into the dr. office for my post-op visit (had staples removed and discussed my options), he brought out pictures of my insides (was really awesome to see) and it shows that I have varicose veins that are the thickness of my fingers! He is very very afraid that they will burst and I will end up bleeding. They are very engourged with blood. He set me up for surgery on the 6th of oct. but has me limited to doing "NOTHING". He is very worried that at any time these veins could give-way.

Anyhow, so...i guess that means...i start practicing being a princess now!! I took the advice you all have given me, and gave a list of things for my DH, and children (ages 18, 12 and 10) to do around the house. My boss is on his own, i refuse to be worried or bothered with the hiring of someone to cover my position.

I am going to enjoy and relax up until the date!! Although, the dr. office called with my surgery time...11:50...i have to be there at 9:30 which i guess isn't too bad...it gives me time to get my kids off to school!! Things seem to be falling into place.

I go for my pre-admin this upcoming Monday at 9:30 does anyone know what happens at pre-admin? I have had several surgerys over these last few months...is it going to be any different??

Thanks for all your understanding!!

Trisha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register