How long do I expect spotting? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long do I expect spotting? How long do I expect spotting?

Unread 03-23-2009, 07:08 AM
How long do I expect spotting?

I am not really "bleeding" I have pink tinge after going potty and some spotting when i am up. it is fresh, as it is red--not just discharge. Is this something I need to worry about or call my dr about? I have no pain and feel pretty good. Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2009, 08:58 AM

Thats normal from what my md said, did you have it vag. i had mine on 03/17/09 lap and vag, and he said you should spot for 6 weeks. but nothing heavy.
HTH.
Unread 03-23-2009, 09:00 AM

I had my TAH on 2/18. I've been spotting the same as you all along, when I wipe after going to the bathroom. It's getting less and less, my dr said it's completely normal for up to 6 weeks or so (or until vag cuff is healed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2009, 09:52 AM

I spotted for 2 1/2 weeks after my TAH in January. I was told as long as it wasn't heavy or bright red that it was normal.
Unread 03-23-2009, 05:17 PM

So glad you girls posted this, especially hearing that a lap and vaginal hyst can cause spotting for 6 weeks, I am almost to 6 week mark of spotting and so tired of it but glad to hear that its somewhat normal. Mine did get red after brisk walk last week then lightened up again and was a little red again today but seems to be lightening again, it wasn't much but it was there.
Unread 03-23-2009, 05:24 PM

Thanks for asking the question, I was wondering the same this morning. Approaching the 3 week point and still "spotting" the same way you girls are describing. Mine is mainly in the morning, which my doc says is normal as when you stand up whatever pooled overnight will head south.

I can certainly live with this compared to the monthly blood baths I had before, but I really hope this will go away sooner or later.
Unread 03-23-2009, 07:02 PM

Once we think we are all done with our monthly bloody friends, it has to sloooowly creep away!
Unread 03-23-2009, 07:14 PM

I was spotting for about 4 weeks. Had my TAH jan 22
Unread 03-24-2009, 01:20 AM

Thanks for sharing this, everyone! The post-op instructions I got said to expect spotting between days 10 and 14, but nothing as far as after that. I'm 3 weeks post-op and just started having some more light pink stuff after not having any for a week or so. It's reassuring to know that this is normal!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register