Cystocele and Bladder Slings....? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cystocele and  Bladder Slings....? Cystocele and Bladder Slings....?

Unread 10-28-2002, 09:49 PM
Cystocele and Bladder Slings....?

I forgot to mention in my profile that I am also having a bladder sling procedure done at the same time as my hysterectomy. This is to help with my stress incontinence.

Has anyone had experience with this procedure? Results good or bad? Can you do jumping jacks now without peeing? !!

I am told I have a cystocele and a rectocele. The doc also gave me the option of having the rectocele fixed.... but I said it wasn't 'bothering me'... so we are leaving it alone. Doc said that procedure makes for a more uncomfortable recovery.

Any comments?

Thanks everyone................. My day is Friday..... and I am just asking all this now?!! I guess reality is hitting the fan!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2002, 10:33 PM
Bladder Sling

Hello,

I am 4 weeks post op from LAVH-BSO with Bladder suspension. There is a difference between what you are having done compared to mine. With a bladder suspension the bladder is tack up, with a sling it is just that a sling that holds the bladder in place. I am glad I had mine done. I sneeze and cough with out wetting my pants. I have to catch myself sometimes because i am so used to crossing my legs when I sneeze. No more. Good Luck to you and God Bless...
The one thing I forgot to mention, it does take awhile for the bladder to start working after surgery. I had a catheder in for four days. On the fourth day i was not able to pee enough so i had to be cathed temporarily a couple of times. It was not as bad as everybody says. I also had to learn to cath my self before I could leave castle. Had to cath at home for about a week. I could pee on my own but not enough to empty bladder. After awhile things were back to normal It really wasn't as bad as it sounds, I don't know if this is something that you might have to do or not. please feel free to e-mail me if you have any concerns...
Cindy
LAVH-BSO endo, fibroids, adhesions and bladder suspension.
Unread 10-29-2002, 05:59 AM

I had a bladder sling done lly, then a TAH. At one week I laughed and leaked, but since then I have coughed, sneezed and really laughed hard this week and haven't leaked. Don't know about the jumping jacks, but it helped the problems I had. So glad I had that done. I have been having the leaking problems for 10 years.
I had the catheter removed the day after surgery and had no trouble emptying my bladder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2002, 10:06 AM

I had a bladder sling done with my hst almost 11 months ago and i soo glad i had it done no more embarrassing accidents. Yes i can do jumping jacks and laugh and cough all that with no fear now. I hope all goes well for you with your sling also!!
Good luck on friday!!
Remember to be the pampered princess after though!

s
PS come to chat when you feel up to it!
HSChatTeamCat
Unread 10-29-2002, 10:15 AM

Hi,

I had the fairly new TVT bladder sling procedure done along w/my TAH for a grade 4 cystocele....My employer, a GYN, is an expert in doing these and he assisted my GYN w/my surgery....

I was taught how to self-cath in the hospital and I only needed to do this a few times at home...My DR. does not believe in sending ladies home w/a cath, he thinks they are physically and mentally discouraging...anyone can learn to self-cath, and the sooner you re-learn to use your bladder the better, and if your bladder is still a little sleepy, you know you can self-cath and you will not explode!!

In addition to my TAH scar, I have 2 small scars in the pubic area from where he did the TVT...I saw him for my 3-week post op and he said the sling is in the right position.Yes, it has helped me...no more stress incontinence!!And I have no more cystocele bulging out of me....

This surgery was the best thing I have done for myself...I hope you will feel the same way....

Good Luck and HUGS!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register