Hi!!!! sweet sisters what were your fibroid symptoms? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi!!!! sweet sisters what were your fibroid symptoms? Hi!!!! sweet sisters what were your fibroid symptoms?

Unread 09-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Re: Hi!!!! sweet sisters what were your fibroid symptoms?

Mostly very heavy bleeding having to change a super tampon every 45 minutes and wear a pad, major cramps to the point of passing out, pain with sex, peeing more than normal and could feel pressure in my belly at night and in the mornings.

Overall no fun and I am pretty slim but had a poochy belly all the time.

L.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2012, 05:48 AM

The beginning of my period was very heavy. I also had CLOTS! YIKES......if I didn't know better, I would have thought my liver was falling out! My period was never painful....ever in my life and that didn't change with the fibroids. I also noticed my belly was getting hard. I've always had a little pooch there but now it was feeling hard. I thought "Wow, I seriously need to do something about this weight." I had no idea I had fibroids at this point. After about 6 or 8 months or so, I began to have pain. Would start as a dull ache and progress to the point that I couldn't even walk by mid-day and would need to do Lamaze breathing to move around. This sent me to the doctor and they discovered the fibroid the size of a grapefruit. I had surgery within 2 weeks.
Unread 09-09-2012, 07:34 AM

Let's see,

~ Very painful periods
~ Excessive bleeding lasting from 2-4 weeks
~ Heavy bleeding with large clots some as big as the palm of my hand
~ Rectal pain. Felt like something was pressing down on my rectum causing very sharp pains
~ Constipation
~ Extreme fatigue
~ Frequent urination
~ Trouble emptying my bladder
~ Urgency incontinence, when I had to go, I HAD to go!
~ Bloating, gas
~ Anemia due to blood loss

I had no idea I had fibroids. I just thought it was perimenopausal symptoms.

I was diagnosed with fibroids in Jan of this year. Dr. put me on Prometrium. One a day for the first 12 days of the month. My period would start on day 14. It did cut my periods down to just 2 weeks, but the last 3 months, they have started coming earlier while I am still taking the Prometirum. This month, my period started on the 6th, and I still have 6 days of Prometrium to take. Still have heavy bleeding and large clots, just only last for 2 weeks.

I'm scheduled for a LAVH in 9 days. I will be so glad when this is over with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2012, 02:31 AM

Hi,
Thankyou for your reply. I am sorry that you have been going through so many complications. I hope your operation goes well and you make a quick recovery. I am not sure yet what I have, I am due for a blood test this week. My periods do seem to 'flood' for two days then the rest is just light. I also have light bleeding between periods.
I think I might have endometriosis or adenomyosis. Best wishes,
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:12 AM

My periods were very normal until I hit my mid 40's, then periods became increasingly heavy and painful. Other symptoms were painful sex, both near the opening and further inside the vagina, swollen tender, itchy perineum, swollen abdomen. I began to have a period only every 2-3 months and it would be flooding with big clots and extremely painful cramps. I couldn't leave home because I'd bleed through in 20 minutes at times. Last period lasted almost 4 weeks of heavy flooding, then only spotting for about 2 days, then another week of heavy bleeding before it gradually stopped. I thought the itching and bulging at the perineum was because of a hemorrhoid that had not emerged. Bowel symptoms were incomplete BM, causing anal leakage. At times, I would feel a pinch as stool passed from my bowel. Again, I thought it was a hemorrhoid.
Unread 09-10-2012, 03:03 PM

I didn't realize the symptoms I was having was related to fibroids. I had been seeing my GP for my paps for years and was never told i had fibroids or an enlarged uterus. A few weeks ago, I started having a feeling of pressure in the pelvic area. Occasionally I would have a shooting pain in the right groin area. I though maybe I had a hernia since I had had two c sections. My periods had been somewhat heavy for 3 to 4 days then lighten gradually and finally end around day 8-10. They were coming more often. Being 43 yrs old, I never really thought that was unusual since it changed so slowly and menopause was around the corner. I have been anemic for years, but no one could figure out why. I also have gastro problems so I have been scoped a few times with no results. Now my eyes are open. I have high blood pressure that my doc thinks is related to the pressure being exerted on the ureters from the uterus. All these issues for years because of not seeing a gyn doc. I never really thought it mattered. 5 minutes in a gyn office is all it took. I have not scheduled a hysterectomy yet. Just checking out doctors that do surgery at a different hospital since the one my current doctor does surgeries in had super poor reviews (for example, "this hospital is so bad I wouldn't take my dog to it....but I would take my ex"). I am hoping that with this surgery, my gastro problems, blood pressure, anemia and anything else related will be resolved. Fingers crossed!!
Unread 01-06-2013, 12:53 PM

Since my last post I've seen Gyn. and he said no surgery is necessary since the fibroids are so small. There is just alot of them.
I'm on the Apple Cider Vinegar Diet and it has been working great. A lot less bleeding. Almost like a normal flow.
I turn 46 in Feb. so I hope that menopause is right around the corner!!!! (Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!)
God Bless all of my "Sisters" now and all through the New Year!!! Especially those who are looking at upcoming surgeries!!!!
God Bless you all!!!
Unread 01-06-2013, 01:09 PM

I had a fibroid the size of an apple. My periods were heavy and painful, debilitating for at least 36 hours. Periods were irregular and had become almost constant. I had horrible pain in my leg during the period. Someone mentioned indigestion, which I did have a problem with and don't anymore after surgery. I didn't think about that being connected to the fibroid.
Unread 01-06-2013, 02:06 PM

Forevermoore- What is the apple cider vinegar diet? And what is its purpose? I'm curious. I have several fibroids and very very heavy bleeding. Thank you
Unread 01-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Fibroid symptoms

I have been bleeding since July my fibroid was the suze of a grapefruit then going fir my preop on thursday now I have these stomach issues almost like I have a ulcer so scared of this whole situation at yhe beginning tyey made it sound like it was no big deal now I am counting the days till surgery for some relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmare View Post
Let's see,

~ Very painful periods
~ Excessive bleeding lasting from 2-4 weeks
~ Heavy bleeding with large clots some as big as the palm of my hand
~ Rectal pain. Felt like something was pressing down on my rectum causing very sharp pains
~ Constipation
~ Extreme fatigue
~ Frequent urination
~ Trouble emptying my bladder
~ Urgency incontinence, when I had to go, I HAD to go!
~ Bloating, gas
~ Anemia due to blood loss

I had no idea I had fibroids. I just thought it was perimenopausal symptoms.

I was diagnosed with fibroids in Jan of this year. Dr. put me on Prometrium. One a day for the first 12 days of the month. My period would start on day 14. It did cut my periods down to just 2 weeks, but the last 3 months, they have started coming earlier while I am still taking the Prometirum. This month, my period started on the 6th, and I still have 6 days of Prometrium to take. Still have heavy bleeding and large clots, just only last for 2 weeks.

I'm scheduled for a LAVH in 9 days. I will be so glad when this is over with.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register