When you have a LSH, do they catherize you? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When you have a LSH, do they catherize you? When you have a LSH, do they catherize you?

Unread 05-03-2006, 08:37 AM
When you have a LSH, do they catherize you?

I hope I spelled that right..
I hate those things..they always give me a bruised bladder and then I can't pee and the pain is unbearable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2006, 08:56 AM

I'd like to know the answer to that as well.

Unread 05-03-2006, 09:17 AM

At the top of the cervix (at the entrance to the uterus ,where they remove the uterus from the cervix ) I had some minor discomfort and a little bleeding about a week post-op as this area healed but that was all..........Blessings,Renee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2006, 09:20 AM

did u mean CATHETERIZE or CAUTERIZE??? A catheter goes into the bladder,cauterization is a different thing altogether!!!!
Unread 05-03-2006, 09:45 AM

Yes..a catheter..
Unread 05-03-2006, 10:01 AM

They cathed me after I was asleep in the OR. catheter didn`t have to stay long and I peed 20 mins. after it came out.........Some discomfort ,but not much at all.....................Blessings and `s...........Renee
Unread 05-03-2006, 10:29 AM

I also had one put in once I was out in the OR. I was thankful for it right after surgery because it was painful getting up and out of the bed. Once it was removed, I couldn't leave the hospital until I was able to go on my own.
Unread 05-03-2006, 10:59 AM

You will most likely have a catheter placed while you are under anesthesia, but it should be removed before you wake up, (unless your Dr. does it differently). I was amazed because I really felt the urge to go before I was out of the recovery area. At first I thought it was just the sensation from having the catheter, but the dam was about to burst by the time they got me to my room. First thing I did when I got there was go potty What a relief! The nurse told me I had cleared the biggest hurdle for going home. About 1-1/2 hours later I was out the door!!! I wasat the castle a total of 7 hours. But only 5 hours from the time of surgery! It still boggles my brain how they can do it so quickly. Best wishes to you
Unread 05-03-2006, 07:03 PM

Mine was put in after I was out in OR and I guess taken out while in recovery. I don't remember it at all and had no problems.
Unread 05-03-2006, 08:29 PM

As long as it's in and out before I know..oh how I hope so.

Thanks Ladies..

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register