Am I the only one? - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I the only one? Am I the only one?

Unread 03-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Re: Am I the only one?

I kept my ovaries and had night sweats for a few days then suddenly they were gone. :-) Hopefully the same happens for u.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2013, 09:12 PM

Thanks. We will see how tonight goes. :/
Unread 03-21-2013, 09:20 PM

Is anyone taking hormones? I had a total hystrectomy on March 4th & I am taking 0.5mg Estradoil. I am not sure if it is a good thing or not with all the side effects yet it seems to be helping with hot flashes & headaches. Please help Sisters
Unread 03-21-2013, 09:31 PM

I am now 15 days post OP. I am still TAKEING ibprophen at least 2 x daily. Cover your pain! Your body needs to use your energy to heal. Your Dr. Gave you pain MEDS for a reason. I still have swelly belly. It was recommended on this site to use senna tea also called go smothly, this will help with constipation. Gas x helps also. I was placed on the estrogen patch immediately post OP no chance for hormonal flux. Talk to your Dr about hormone replacement soon. Call the office and let them know what is happening to you. GOOD LUCK IT GETS BETTER!
Unread 03-21-2013, 09:36 PM

I do believe the patch is the safest way to take hormone replacement. It will save our livers.
Unread 03-21-2013, 09:36 PM

Nope you are totally not alone. My hormones are all over the place and I'm crying like crazy over silly, silly things.Some just wacky feelings of how I feel. Yes most definitely stay ahead of the pain. I went to the doc today & tried to just take Motrin &paid for not taking more by time I got home I was a mess. I'm so glad this site is here I don't feel so alone.
Unread 03-22-2013, 11:07 AM

I am at 3 1/2 weeks and I am having horrible night sweats and hot flashes . My emotions are so crazy! I cry over commercials as well. The other day I burst out laughing and shocked myself. When I start I laugh until tears are flowing down my face, so not like me. My bowels are still not back to normal but the pain has eased quite a bit, a little gas pain still. Your ovaries and hormones will eventually get back to their normal selves, time heals all, right? Take care of yourself!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register