Adhesions All Over Uterus | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adhesions All Over Uterus Adhesions All Over Uterus

Unread 07-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Adhesions All Over Uterus

Any ideas's why I'd have "scar tissue" (aside from my c sections) on the other parts of my uterus? I know I had adeno but that inside, I had scaring on my bowels too which could be from previous surgeries I guess... Just wanting to know if anyone had any thoughts. The Dr didn't really know why this "scaring" was all over & it all went to the pathologist but anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Re: Adhesions All Over Uterus

I can only share my experience. IN 1974 I had infertility surgery. Back then you spent a week in the hospital. When I did not get pregnant he did a test and found the tubes were blocked. He went in again - second bikini cut - and found scar tissue every where. He figures I must have gotten a low grade infection before leaving the hospital after the first surgery. I warned my gyn about it but he did not believe me when I said it was really bad. :-) I was lucky that the scar tissue had not cause the uterus to adhere to my bladder but it was adhered to my bowels.

Since you have had c-sections, you could have gotten an undetected infection after you c-section. If so, that could explain the all the scar tissue/adhesions.
Unread 07-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Re: Adhesions All Over Uterus

My surgery history is a diagnostic lap in 2008, c section in 2009, ectopic lap removal 2010, c section 2011 & total hysterectomy (removing all but ovaries which looked beautiful at surgery) on 7/1/2014

I do have ando & always suspected endo but have always been on suppression so it wouldn't necessarily be visible. ISO know during my cycles I'm in extreme pain when I go to the bathroom but that should be done now.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register