Crying Spell at Pre-Op....tomorrow's the day! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Crying Spell at Pre-Op....tomorrow's the day! Crying Spell at Pre-Op....tomorrow's the day!

Unread 10-31-2002, 01:35 PM
Crying Spell at Pre-Op....tomorrow's the day!

Gosh gosh gosh!

Will I not EVER be stable again?? Geeee, what's with me? Things started out well, and I am a little better now, but the morning was weird!

I had a phone conversation with my urologist first thing and went over the 'Modified Birch' he would do after my FAH. That was all fine. THen I went for my hospital pre-op, filled out some forms then went to get blood drawn. Well, as we conversed she said that she too had incredibly painful periods, but was controlling the pain with BCP. Great! All I needed to hear to start me wondering.....'Did I try everything?' 'Is this the way to go?'

After that I am sent back to 'wait' to see the admitting nurse. So, I am sitting there all alone in the lobby watching everything go by, and THINKING about the lady that solved her problems with BCPs!! Great! Let the tears begin! Waaaaa! I start sobbing and crying, thinking I am about to be cut open for something that may have gotten better with BCP!!! Yicks..........I've been through that before, but did I try enough?? What am I doing....?

Well, I managed to dab my eyes up and make it through the rest of the procedural stuff. But, have any other ladies had these kinds of second-thoughts and anxiety the day before surgery???!!

Waaaaa!

Cori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2002, 01:49 PM

My surgery is tomorrow as well- at 12:15 I get crowned. I have to be there at 9:15- to get ready for the corination

Scared to death, but ready. Want to cry, but can't. Running around like a chicken with my head cut off, but no energy to actually run. Wondering what if, should, could... No better go through with it!

My head will explode if it doesn't stop, lol!

I am right there with you. I pray for the best for everyone, and keep telling myself that I am not alone, there have been many others before me, and that they are all here waiting to see me when I get out!

May you have a great surgery, and much R &R!

Dawn
Unread 10-31-2002, 01:59 PM

Cori, I'm surprised no one has thrown my name up yet on this one...LOL...you'd know what I meant-if you were here, oh about a month ago, sweetie. You wanna know what I DID at my pre op? I cried my eyes out, asked the DR. for his partner to come in and give me a 2nd opinion, THREW UP AND PASSED OUT in his office. Talk about a case of the nerves. I went through what you are going through right now.....
I tried to think of any and every way out of the surgery, hoping someone would boink me on the head and say Hey Girl, try this, it worked for me.
No one boinked me on the head-and I knew I had to face it....I had been hurting and bleeding and having the worst problems I could have ever imagined since I was about 12. And now I had been told I had Cancer. The Big C. I tried talking my DH into letting me wait a year for the surgery so I could try to get PG.....YEAH, that went over real well. The long and short of it, in MY humble opinion is this-we are all here for one reason....this is the only way.....and it hurts, physically and emotionally, but sweet Sister, we are all here for you, as we are for each other. We will help you get through this. I won't tell you it's easy, but it is a lot easiER with my Sisters supporting me.
We have all walked a miserable road to get here, and it's your time, sweet I promise you, I'm gonna' shine your crown and be waiting for you on the Other Side. I can tell you this, I laugh now at how scared I was....the tears, they still come.....but they will go............and my life, when I'm done recovering, is going to be so very different. We love you girl. Let me hear from you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2002, 03:15 PM

Cori,

I certainly questioned the necessity of having this surgery right up to the day before. I even had days where I had NO symptoms of any kind, which REALLY made me question my decision. Try to think it through logically (write it down if it helps). Don't let yourself get sidetracked by someone else's experience. You are an individual & your issues are your own. As long as you trust your dr's judgement & you have researched & thought things through, I'm sure you will come to the same conclusion.

s and best wishes to you,

Mongie
Unread 10-31-2002, 03:57 PM

Cori,

While in pre-surgery, after putting on the lovely gown and before the IV was inserted, I started telling myself that it wasn't too late to back out.

I know you've had a rough time of it lately and want you to know that with all my power I will send good thoughts and positive vibes your way tomorrow. Maybe I'm a little kooky but I do believe in the power of positive thinking so I'm going to work overtime for you.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register