The little bugs after hysterectomy | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The little bugs after hysterectomy The little bugs after hysterectomy

Unread 06-24-2014, 03:01 AM
The little bugs after hysterectomy

I am noticing so many little pesty things..3 weeks post/op..
1) the intense hot flashes
2) the burning in my belly button
3) not being able to completely empty my bladder
4) still have painful has bubbles
5) not being able to really have a good stretch
6) of course the emotions crying cause I can't do something like pick up my furry baby
Really hoping all this crazy little things go away soon....
What are your little bugs ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2014, 05:39 AM
Re: The little bugs after surgery

At 3 weeks I was doing external radiation for endometrial cancer.I don't really remember any other little bugs.

Chris
Unread 06-24-2014, 06:28 AM
Re: The little bugs after surgery

I have to agree with you, stretching!! I was so jealous of my cat, she was alwaysby my side and twisted and stretched in so many ways that looked so comfy!! Still havent mastered a great abdominal stretch but getting there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelifenow View Post
I have to agree with you, stretching!! I was so jealous of my cat, she was alwaysby my side and twisted and stretched in so many ways that looked so comfy!! Still havent mastered a great abdominal stretch but getting there.
Oh that's the one is want too...I have found stretching my toes out forward feels like a stretch but there's nothing like a head to toe stretch when waking up...
Unread 06-25-2014, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allnewforme View Post
Oh that's the one is want too...I have found stretching my toes out forward feels like a stretch but there's nothing like a head to toe stretch when waking up...
if you hold your breath while stretching, you get a good stretch and no pain, give it a try and let me know
Unread 06-25-2014, 05:43 AM

Dont worry my dear. You are fresh out of surgery post 3 weeks. I had all those pesky symptoms and more than you can imagine. I also had a very painful vaginal cuff, which got infected at 8 weeks post op. Was hospitalized with iv antibiotics and pain meds in hospital for vaginal cuff cellulitis for 6 days. Came home on pain meds and antibiotcs for 10 days. Then put on pain management with morphene post op 12 weeks, Had 3 cat scans, and another hospital.stay for dyhydrayion and myofacial pain disorder. MRI was perfect, no other problems. Just need physical therapy. But now I am almost 4 months post surgery. And even though I went through so much, I am.now feeling so much better, no pain
No bloating and quite normal, even going througj menopause,so you will.do.just great in the next 3 to 4 months! Wait youll see! Hugs!

Quote:
I am noticing so many little pesty things..3 weeks post/op..
1) the intense hot flashes
2) the burning in my belly button
3) not being able to completely empty my bladder
4) still have painful has bubbles
5) not being able to really have a good stretch
6) of course the emotions crying cause I can't do something like pick up my furry baby
Really hoping all this crazy little things go away soon....
What are your little bugs ?
Unread 06-25-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquih View Post
Dont worry my dear. You are fresh out of surgery post 3 weeks. I had all those pesky symptoms and more than you can imagine. I also had a very painful vaginal cuff, which got infected at 8 weeks post op. Was hospitalized with iv antibiotics and pain meds in hospital for vaginal cuff cellulitis for 6 days. Came home on pain meds and antibiotcs for 10 days. Then put on pain management with morphene post op 12 weeks, Had 3 cat scans, and another hospital.stay for dyhydrayion and myofacial pain disorder. MRI was perfect, no other problems. Just need physical therapy. But now I am almost 4 months post surgery. And even though I went through so much, I am.now feeling so much better, no pain
No bloating and quite normal, even going througj menopause,so you will.do.just great in the next 3 to 4 months! Wait youll see! Hugs!
Thank you for your words of encouragement..An there are many other pesty little things some I forgot about until after I posted this..Numbness in right leg is another one...I am for sure hitting the menopause..Was up from midnight till about 2 am with a very intense hot flash my feet were even stinging an feeling very nausaua from it..I know in all good time it will get better.My biggest goal is to be able to go back to work when school starts back.Im a bus driver an don't want a user backs..So I'm doing my best to follow all the rules an hopefully my body does too..😊
Unread 06-25-2014, 07:26 AM
Re: The little bugs after hysterectomy

My worst one is increase in migraines. The only other one so far is I am so freaking hot on and off at night I keep putting on and taking off covers all night long. I don't have night sweats, I just get hot and cold. My pillow is memory foam which is hot anyway but more so now. I keep flipping it over.
Unread 06-25-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxrnubz View Post
My worst one is increase in migraines. The only other one so far is I am so freaking hot on and off at night I keep putting on and taking off covers all night long. I don't have night sweats, I just get hot and cold. My pillow is memory foam which is hot anyway but more so now. I keep flipping it over.
Oh I have the hot flashes drenched I have a fan on me all day an night an same as you as far as flipping the covers off an on..I'm trying to hold out on HRT to see if it passes with time.Doctor said it wouldn't that I would just get use to it but I can't imagine just getting use to these hot flasheS...I had migraines before but luckliy not since surgery very fortunate with that...
Unread 06-25-2014, 08:13 AM
Re: The little bugs after hysterectomy

Quote:
Oh I have the hot flashes drenched I have a fan on me all day an night an same as you as far as flipping the covers off an on..I'm trying to hold out on HRT to see if it passes with time.Doctor said it wouldn't that I would just get use to it but I can't imagine just getting use to these hot flasheS...I had migraines before but luckliy not since surgery very fortunate with that...
From what I have read hot flashes eventually pass for most women. Why doesn't he think yours will? We get such conflicting information on everything it's a wonder any of us can decide what to do.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register